• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 10 Sports Movies of All Time

kaixo

That's an awful list. Some of the best sports movies of all time are grievously absent :nonod:

"Breaking Away" might be a decent movie, but one of the best sports movies ever? Come on! Likewise, "Horse Feathers"? And as others have already expressed, it's pretty thin to define "Caddyshack" as a sports movie.

"Slap Shot", "Rocky", "Eight Men Out", "Bull Durham" and "Raging Bull" are worthy of mention, but overall the list is crap.

Among the movies not mentioned here that I think have to at least be considered in any "best sports movie list"...

- Remember the Titans

- The Longest Yard (original)

- Major League

- Rudy

- Field of Dreams

- Brian's Song

- North Dallas Forty

- A League of Their Own

- The Bad News Bears (original)

- Chariots of Fire

- Pride of the Yankees

- The Mighty Ducks

- Varsity Blues

- Invincible

- Hoosiers

- Miracle

I like "Jerry Maguire" and "The Sandlot", but as big a role as sports played in both, I'm not absolutely sure I'd classify either as a sports movie using the criteria KK set forth (pretty good definition)

Others might mention "Cinderella Man", "Tin Cup", "The Natural", "The Hustler" (or "The Color of Money"), "61*", "Ali" "Seabiscuit", "Cobb" or the "Bingo Long" movie from the list. I can't judge these because I haven't seen them.

Archived