• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Did You Realize They Weren't Winning?

fitty76

I first felt a disturbance in the Force when that ruling on the Cotchery catch was upheld as an incomplete pass, even though it was still early in the game.  I think we all shared that same "oh boy, it's going to be this kind of officiating" feeling, and I think the team did too. 

When that was followed by the sack-fumble-TD, where Denver just had to fall down on a ball rolling into the end zone, I just knew then that the Panthers O was rattled probably beyond recovery.

Felt it was over after the non-reversal led to the strip sack touchdown but held out hope for a Peyton melt down and some defensive scoring.

When Cotchery dropped what would have been 1st and Goal and Gano missed the FG, I knew that there would be no melt down on the Denver side of the ball and HGH Parm was going to get his.

But let's be real here: even if we "realized they weren't winning" prior to the the confetti coming down, they had the ball down one score with plenty of time left and none of us went outside for a walk.  Even if they looked like garbage on offense, there is a part of you that believes a 17-1 team with the MVP at the helm might still pull it off.

I said before the game we were either going to blow them out 30+ to 10ish

OR 

it would be a super wonky low scoring game

When they got that first fumble touchdown I got worried because I knew it would be close game. I thought, "fug this is exactly what Denver needed in this game."

That game was a fuging rollercoaster, EVERYTIME we got something going, something bad happened. Somehow we were still in the game in the 4th and could have drove down the field to take the lead. Then I thought, "Man how the hell are we still in this game? That just speaks to how badly Den wins games."

Archived