• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Gano?

CelibatePimp

Gano made some big kicks this year, and he's good on kickoffs, but he's not one of the best kickers in the league.

He's missed some big kicks, and while he wasn't the difference in the game yesterday, there's no way Rivera is 100 percent confident in him.

I didn't trust our entire special teams. I thought to myself prior to this game, that even if our offense didn't score, we must move the ball in order to minimize the effect of our special teams.

In addition to missing the FG:

We never gained anything after a punt...in fact we lost yardage because of penalties

We couldn't punt the ball inside the 20. Despite one time punting from the 50

We gave up a huge return after not being able to punt the ball inside the 20. On that huge return, if our punter would have punted the ball more than 25 yards, then the Broncos return man would have let the ball bounce inside the 20.

Even our extra point and other field goal we did make looked terrible.

4 minutes ago, Gazi said:

He's ok. How quickly we forget NY and Indy. We do need a better punter. Long overdue.

another shitpost

Nortman punted the ball very well, including a 61-yard punt. He went for hangtime on the shorter one to give the sorry-ass worthless coverage team more time to stick their fingers up their asses as people ran by them for big yardage. Nortman is a top-10 punter who rarely botches anything and he did put one inside the 20 btw

Yup, Gano is fine for our team and has one of the highest touchback percentages in the NFL, and that is a big deal.  I don't however trust our line to protect, he's been blocked more often than he's missed (and not due to low trajectory).  All of that said, the "miss" shouldn't have mattered if they didn't botch the PI on the play before or the BLATANT offside on the kick itself.  

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

another shitpost

Nortman punted the ball very well, including a 61-yard punt. He went for hangtime on the shorter one to give the sorry-ass worthless coverage team more time to stick their fingers up their asses as people ran by them for big yardage. Nortman is a top-10 punter who rarely botches anything and he did put one inside the 20 btw

Wait a minute. Nortman literally punted the ball 25 yards when we had the ball at midfield in the second.

There is no way in that situation you punt the ball 25 yards when you have a great chance of pinning Manning inside his own 15 yard line.

You might be right on the other punts, but no way that punt that lead to our shitty coverage team not tackling the returner (which lead to 3 points) was about hang time.

Archived