• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam was let down by his offense

CelibatePimp

When I saw the first offensive series I was praying we hadnt gone back to Shula ball. The opening second half series confirmed my worst fear. Shula was going to Shula. 

Game plans are great until you take the first hit. Shula was not prepared at all. This offense looked like a deer in the headlights. For 2 weeks, all we heard about was the speed of Denver's d, and Shula designed a game plan that played into their strengths and didn't exploit their weaknesses. The offensive play was predictable, poorly planned and even more poorly executed. 

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

meh cam didn't have any check downs because out rb's were kept in blocking, playcalling wasn't very good but good enough to win by 10 points IMO

Agreed, but the 'blitz' isn't some unguardable attack, otherwise every team in NFL history would abuse it, it has its flaws and exploits. Shula/playcalling/players didn't choose to exploit the rather OBVIOUS blitze packages Phillips was showing.

Just now, rico6 said:

Agreed, but the 'blitz' isn't some unguardable attack, otherwise every team in NFL history would abuse it, it has its flaws and exploits. Shula/playcalling/players didn't choose to exploit the rather OBVIOUS blitze packages Phillips was showing.

we all knew denver's gameplan before the game was to make cam beat them with his arm, in which we all believe he can do. they are a very good defense so some plays i expect them to make. how you beat the blitz IMO is either quick passes or pick up the blitz, Imo this is why cam was so good while being blitz this year, we did a great job buying time for him to hit a receiver for a big gain. O line just played the worst possible game a o line could play, quick passes play into Denver's strength the secondary 

Archived