• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam was let down by his offense

CelibatePimp

5 minutes ago, tondi said:

We also got back into the habit of Cam getting to the line of scrimmage with only a few seconds on the clock.  That meant he was rushed to even get the play off, much less read a defense or make an alternate call.

that was so frustrating. i was wondering who the hell i was watching last night. did not remind me of the 2015 panthers.

42 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

he didnt do his part to try to weather the storm and let the defense get the victory

this is incredibly wrong

Cam did his part in every way, shape and form. He had no time to throw and no open receivers. He was our leading rusher. No one helped him at all on offense. 

The intensity of the Denver D from the first play was completely on another level in comparison to the Panthers O.

It is almost like Denver had been previously blown out in a SB and vowed to do everything in their power to make sure that didn't happen again.

It wasn't just another game for the Broncos.

I suspect if these Panthers make it back to the big dance they will come out breathing fire too.

I was frustrated by the lack of any hurry up offense.  They could have tried to force the defense into an exploitable formation and dictated the tempo of the game.

Instead we just saw a confused offense with the play clock dwindling down to zero, hand the ball off for a run up the middle that surprised exactly no one -- least of all the defense.

The Cam and Shula blame is beyond me. Yes both had some troubles but for the most part Shula called a good enough game to win, and Cam damn sure played well enough to win. It's the number 1 defense, he played well enough to win by 10 or 13 if wr's catch and rb's don't fumble the ball. 

the remmers being left on a island is bs, dude literally had 10 plays where he was 1v1 and got beat all but like 2 times, other then that we play alot of max protection. both tackles can't get help with out neutralizing the offense, they couldn't even block in the run game. Then to top if off when the tackles got scared later in the game and decide to hop offside every 2 seconds. 

1 hour ago, teeray said:

They all let us down on offense.  Lets not play blame game.

Yup. From playcalling to execution, it was a complete Offensive failure. The Defense on the otherhand, was damn near legendary. What were the Broncos like 1/14 on 3rd down conversions?

The Cam and Shula blame is beyond me. Yes both had some troubles but for the most part Shula called a good enough game to win, and Cam damn sure played well enough to win. It's the number 1 defense, he played well enough to win by 10 or 13 if wr's catch and rb's don't fumble the ball. 

the remmers being left on a island is bs, dude literally had 10 plays where he was 1v1 and got beat all but like 2 times, other then that we play alot of max protection. both tackles can't get help with out neutralizing the offense, they couldn't even block in the run game. Then to top if off when the tackles got scared later in the game and decide to hop offside every 2 seconds. 

Shula let every one of his offensive players down. Directed them into the teeth of the Broncos defense instead of protecting them from the Broncos strengths.

Shula exposed the OTs;which exposed Cam; which exposed the WRs. Dominoe effect that starts with the pass protection packages not aimed at taking care of the Broncos strength.

The only person on offense that shouldn't be hanging their head today is Philly Brown. He didn't have any drops, did he? 

To the Cam defenders: He looked rattled, was moving VERY slowly the entire game both during plays and between plays, he didn't dive for the ball when we still had a chance to win the game, and he was terrible on a lot of his throws. That is not excusing the pathetic play of the offensive line, the running backs, and most receivers; but if you think Cam played well, you are mistaken. He didn't even play average, he was bad. That doesn't mean he didn't deserve MVP, that doesn't mean I'm a Cam hater, but it's going to be revisionist history to say Cam played well last night. It felt like an early 2012 game from Cam.

Time to dial back on Cam. Game managers seem to win SB's while letting their defense do the rest

Ron and Shula, idk what their gameplan was. But it should have been run the ball (creatively like we've done all year) and playaction. Let the defense slug it out. Cam threw 41 times, and the panic started once we got down. That's not panthers football

13 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

the remmers being left on a island is bs dude literally had 10 plays where he was 1v1 and got beat all but like 2 times, other then that we play alot of max protection. both tackles can't get help with out neutralizing the offense, they couldn't even block in the run game. Then to top if off when the tackles got scared later in the game and decide to hop offside every 2 seconds. 

That by extension means Shula/Rivera/play-calling was at fault though.

1 hour ago, CelibatePimp said:

That's fair but I see it differently. He trusted his oline to protect him so he can focus on his reads. Can't blame him for any of those fumbles. Last thing you want it a QB who doesn't trust his protection enough to go through his reads.

Exactly what happened. Cam didn't trust them after a while. Zero confidence. It goes coaching -> line -> cam. He couldn't make plays because he wasn't protected. 

Archived