• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam was let down by his offense

CelibatePimp

Just now, CelibatePimp said:

That's fair but I see it differently. He trusted his oline to protect him so he can focus on his reads. Can't blame him for any of those fumbles. Last thing you want it a QB who doesn't trust his protection enough to go through his reads.

Everybody sucked, including our QB. We are reverting back to pre 2015 Huddle where a ton of posters want to coddle Cam because they feel so sorry for him that his team let him down

3 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Everybody sucked, including our QB. We are reverting back to pre 2015 Huddle where a ton of posters want to coddle Cam because they feel so sorry for him that his team let him down

That's literally not what is happening here.

The only thing we are reverting to here is the same mouth breathers who couldn't wait to dog on Cam after he made a mistake are quick to rear their heads again. Quite frankly, that type of poo is worse than any bandwagon fan I've ever seen.

Just now, Peppers90 NC said:

I mean if you know me on here I am one of the Cam "haters". This is the superbowl, error margins are tight and QBs don't usually post stellar numbers. It means when WRs have a chance to make a play, they should. Oline should do their job etc. There were no running lanes and no time to pass.

1 minute ago, CelibatePimp said:

That's fair but I see it differently. He trusted his oline to protect him so he can focus on his reads. Can't blame him for any of those fumbles. Last thing you want it a QB who doesn't trust his protection enough to go through his reads.

Those fumbles were the difference in the game. Noodle arm Manning played even worse but because he didn't fumble and hand us the ball they won. Maybe they were luckier recovering fumbles I don't know. Since I was at the game I didn't have benefit of replays.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Those fumbles were the difference in the game. Noodle arm Manning played even worse but because he didn't fumble and hand us the ball they won. Maybe they were luckier recovering fumbles I don't know. Since I was at the game I didn't have benefit of replays.

Those were the difference and I don't understand why Shula left Remmers on an island. If it's a three man route, keep an extra blocker to help. When he had time, he was able to hit Ginn. Even his longest completion to Devin, he had to escape pressure and set quickly to make a throw. There was no time for him today. Perfect storm considering our offense relies on big chunk plays.

11 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The offense let the defense down and Cam was a huge part of that. Just not fumbling the ball twice inside the 10 would have changed the game totally.  He played very poorly while guys like Ginn and Philly Brown did very well. He gets no pass in my book.

Yeah...how dare Cam just toss the ball on the ground for no reason. 

3 minutes ago, King said:

Quarterbacks have well under 2.5 seconds on average to throw in the NFL.  The O-line put up a decent fight against ridiculous defensive pressure (other than Remmers).  Cam's gotten away with close to 3 seconds all season long.

We expected to be able to treat Denver like any other team.  We failed.

Shula wasn't going to throw out the offensive playbook that got us to 17-1 and build a dump off New England style offense in two weeks that puts Cam in situations where he's much less accurate (short passing downs).  Especially when New England just got beat using that exact offense the game prior.

The only way we won today was by the players not making stupid mistakes.  And boy fuging howdy did they make a lot of stupid mistakes.  Cam included.

Shula calling run plays through the A gap every 1st down was predictable and bad.  But so was Cam's accuracy, the WRs' hands, and Tolbert's ball control.

It also would've been nice if the D wrangled one of those three near interceptions, but I can't blame the defense for last night's poo show.

It was a putrid performance by our offense all around, no one is absolved of blame.

11 minutes ago, CelibatePimp said:

We surely don't want to absolve Shula because the play calling was suspect still Cam looked lost out there and didn't know how to change the plays to account for the blitz. Our offense is him reading the defense and changing the plays, something he didn't do well.

You just have to chalk it up to pressure which got to him. He isn't the first quarterback to play poorly in his first super bowl. Hopefully he will learn and grow and get back there again with different results.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We surely don't want to absolve Shula because the play calling was suspect still Cam looked lost out there and didn't know how to change the plays to account for the blitz. Our offense is him reading the defense and changing the plays, something he didn't do well.

You just have to chalk it up to pressure which got to him. He isn't the first quarterback to play poorly in his first super bowl. Hopefully he will learn and grow and get back there again with different results.

Dude, we literally ran Stewart up the gut like every first down. Saying we were predictable would be putting it kindly.

When your drives consistently go, run up the middle, pass, pass, punt, it's gonna be a long game for anyone under center.

I don't know why the play calling was like that, but it was flat out terrible for a Super Bowl. Especially against the top D.

Archived