• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam was let down by his offense

CelibatePimp

Did you know that Cam was sacked (tied) for a super bowl record 7 times?! Cam's reaction is one of a person who has been let down by his supporting cast. Cam may be made for the big lights, but are those around him? It appears to me everyone around him shrunk leading to him eventually following suit (avoiding to recover the fumble). Get these guys who have no desire to be the greatest at their positions off the team ASAP.

At least he didn't throw his teammates under the bus like Manning did in 2006

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Let's just say we had some problems with protection."

Oh and a disturbing comment I read on NFL network

Kevin Alexander

What a little bitch Newton is! There he was at the after game presser lookin all Trayvon-like in his hoodie, pissed that he had to lower himself to answer questions from the media he said last week didn’t know how to handle a black quarterback like him. Then the sore loser took his Skittles and ran.

Yeah it's not about race. SMH

3 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

goodness, i knew i shouldnt have shown up here today. Cam missed a lot of throws, not sure what kind of defense mechanisms need to be derived to make people feel sorry for Cam

Yeah, I think we have established that genius.

But when your QB is getting hit within 2 seconds, especially blindside hits, it's time to alter the gameplan a bit, instead of long developing routes.

It's perfectly reasonable to criticize Cam's performance without being a hater. Shouldnt be a need to try and absolve the guy. He had a bad game. It happens.

Everything around him outside of the defense did him no favors, but he didnt do his part to try to weather the storm and let the defense get the victory which, outside of some costly fumbles, may have been possible.

Everything that could have gone wrong did. Cam included.

2 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

goodness, i knew i shouldnt have shown up here today. Cam missed a lot of throws, not sure what kind of defense mechanisms need to be derived to make people feel sorry for Cam

Did you read the stat line about the superbowl record for sacks? That's where it starts from.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Yeah, I think we have established that genius.

But when your QB is getting hit within 2 seconds, especially blindside hits, it's time to alter the gameplan a bit, instead of long developing routes.

Both of the sack fumbles were opposite of blind side hits, genius.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The offense let the defense down and Cam was a huge part of that. Just not fumbling the ball twice inside the 10 would have changed the game totally.  He played very poorly while guys like Ginn and Philly Brown did very well. He gets no pass in my book.

That's fair but I see it differently. He trusted his oline to protect him so he can focus on his reads. Can't blame him for any of those fumbles. Last thing you want it a QB who doesn't trust his protection enough to go through his reads.

3 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Both of the sack fumbles were opposite of blind side hits, genius.

Did I say they were blindside hits? No? But those hits attribute to mistrust throughout the game in a QB's OL.

If you can't see that, then why exactly are you posting here?

4 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

It's perfectly reasonable to criticize Cam's performance without being a hater. Shouldnt be a need to try and absolve the guy. He had a bad game. It happens.

Everything around him outside of the defense did him no favors, but he didnt do his part to try to weather the storm and let the defense get the victory which, outside of some costly fumbles, may have been possible.

Everything that could have gone wrong did. Cam included.

Cam didn't play a bad game. He didn't play a great one either. He missed two throws. He also made about 5 throws that should have been caught including the one pass challenged-- there was no reason for Cotch to bobble that ball-- and other Cotch drop that would have put the Panthers inside the 5. 

Cam's WRs are what they are. We need to get better and more explosive in that area.

Archived