• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The real reason Cam Newton left the post game interview

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah and Cam went to Peyton after the game and Peyton said "he was extremely humble and couldn't have been nicer" 

there is a pic of them with cam smiling congratulating him. 

Cam hates the media and who can really blame him. Cam just needs to learn to be fake as fug at the podium however stupid it is. 

Agreed....if Cam can just tolerate the media then he would be better off.  "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar."

He should just remind himself that he is one upping them by not giving them what they want!

1 minute ago, truthjuice said:

That's what I'm not getting. People totally glossed over what took place between Cam and Peyton on the field, totally missing hearing Chris Harris taunt him and the team but harping on the fact that he was devastated after the biggest loss of his career and walked out of a press conference after answering every question. From now on, he should just pull a Marshawn Lynch when he's not in the mood. 

Honestly I think he needs to learn to fake it. It's a dumb game players have to play with the media but it would take away some heat and cheap shots. That's obviously up to him and I will support him either way.

Why do players have to talk to Media Anyways? If they don't want to talk they shouldn't have to? Look.. I understand Cam was frustrated about the Game and Media... He had an devastating loss... If I could hear what the other team was saying I would walk off too... Aint No Time for That Nonsense..

47 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Hey Bucs fan, welcome!  Do tell what you have been up to since January 3rd when you got your pansy azzes beaten 38-10?

Actually, you do have a good point.  The Bucs are, and have been, losers the better part of the decade.  It's a fact.

And furthermore, I did congratulate the Panthers on an excellent season.

My point was your QB should have put a hoodie on his ass too.  The whole world is laughing. 

29 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Honestly I think he needs to learn to fake it. It's a dumb game players have to play with the media but it would take away some heat and cheap shots. That's obviously up to him and I will support him either way.

He does, but unless whoever his PR is coaches him up to it, he won't. Cam is pretty much what you see is what you get. When he's happy, he's happy. When he's down, he's down. There's no gray area with him. I agree, though. He needs to learn how to kill them with kindness, even when he doesn't feel like it. 

Just now, buxter said:

Actually, you do have a good point.  The Bucs are, and have been, losers the better part of the decade.  It's a fact.

My point was your QB should have put a hoodie on his ass too.  The whole world is laughing. 

How does "put a hoodie on his ass too" make any sense?  Please explain?

What I don't understand is how we lose sight that professional athletes are people too, that have good days and bad days, and have every right to show emotion how they see fit without being persecuted for it.  

Not one person on God's green earth is perfect, it's a shame our world has become so jaded.

49 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

How does "put a hoodie on his ass too" make any sense?  Please explain?

What I don't understand is how we lose sight that professional athletes are people too, that have good days and bad days, and have every right to show emotion how they see fit without being persecuted for it.  

Not one person on God's green earth is perfect, it's a shame our world has become so jaded.

that's code for n****r.  Its all the rage in FL now.

Cam sat for 2.5 mins and answered 13 questions, that's good enough for me. He didn't go off on a rant or make any excuses. 

Here's a post-game presser comment from Peyton Manning in '06: 

"Listen, I'm trying to be a good teammate here... let's just say there were some problems with protection". 

Would it have been better for Cam to throw his OL under the bus like Peyton did after a disappointing and frustrating loss? 

2 hours ago, buxter said:

The whole world is laughing? Good, we wouldn't want it any other way. This type of stuff drives our QB and other players to be great. 

We'll be back dominating the Bucs again next year, and taking photos all on the sideline, having fun...something the Bucs have said they're trying to imitate. Your team wants to be like us haha. It's like Peyton said...Cam is going to get a championship. I can't wait...I want to see people like you and shelbypanther salty.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Listen to what is being said next to him. Not sure why Cam Newton was forced to hold a post game press conference where the defense of the opposition is within speaking distance. 

That is Denver corner Chris Harris speaking in the background. 

In short, Cam did not leave because of the media. Cam left because he shouldn't have to sit there and listen to the opposition talk. 

Update: According to our good buddy Darin Gannt, all Superbowl press conferences are set up as such. 

I don't remember previous SB press confs where other interviews were so loud and disruptive.

Archived