• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The real reason Cam Newton left the post game interview

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, CCS said:

It would have been much easier to rally around him if he came out and said something like Thomas Davis did. It's hard to feel bad for him when he both sucked and acted like a manchild after.

You can't dictate how one handles losses. Cam has been Panthers offense with a bunch of supporting cast mates. He took it the hardest because the offense couldn't capitalize. Not only that, he's in earshot of the Broncos celebrating and talking. Frustration and sadness. You can't tell me you would've been diplomatic either. 

10 minutes ago, CCS said:

Lol you are delusional if you don't think he was rubbing salt in the wounds of the other 17 teams. If Cam wasn't on this team we'd all hate him. He needs to grow up and stop acting like a child playing video games. I swear, if the one thing I got tired of hearing this year was the "Panthers are having fun" bullshit.  Everyone has fun when they're winning. Not everyone goes over the top like the Panthers offense did in the second half of the season.

We? Don't speak for me, because I would like Cam even if he wasn't a Panther. You don't know that man well enough to know his intentions. We can only go by his words, and he's told us he's doing it because he's having fun.

Anyways, just be a fan of another team because what we do isn't stopping as long as Cam is the quarterback. You have the Falcons or Redskins as teams close to you with QBs you may appreciate more. Follow them. 

3 minutes ago, CCS said:

Lol unlike you I'm actually a fan of the Panthers and not just a Cam Newton nutugger. I hate to break it to you but he is not infallible. If you really think that Cam isn't immature then you're delusional.

Can a mod do this guy a favor, and give him a breather for about 24 hours?

It's 2016, our MVP quarterback led our franchise to our second Super Bowl appearance, and we've got guys like this still ranting about "nut huggers". and bringing back the "immaturity" rhetoric? Flat out embarrassing look for the community here.

1 hour ago, CCS said:

Like he has been rubbing it people's faces all season? Cam and his hardcore nuthuggers need to grow up.

I guess I this makes all the Cam haters feel vindicated.  

I am behind my QB 100%.  It would be extremely hard to walk into a shark tank and not feel vulnerable and want to jump out quickly. 

I understand his ire.  I have played sports myself and it is fuging disgusting to lose a game that way.  I am a Cam nut hugger if that is what helps you feel he is 100% responsible for this loss and is at fault and should die on the sword and be like other QBs instead of who he really is, a competitor.  I am still proud of my QB and it took a hell of a lot of self control to not unmask his fury and disgust.

#KEEPPOUNDING.

If you do not take issue with Belichick pressers, than I do not need to hear you criticize cam for short answers in a depressed voice.

Thomas Davis was not being criticized by the winning team during his presser after the biggest loss of his life.

What does the NFL expect when they put a celebratory press conference next to a press conference where they just lost the biggest game of their life? Then you allow both sides of reporters to criticize the losing player in their questioning with some inane questions. No player should have to go through that. Imagine if Cam were to demean Chris Harris loudly during his press conference so Chris Harris could hear it. Chris Harris won and would still get upset with an opposing player demeaning his win within ear shot.

Nothing to see here. Cam was in the right to walk out of that mess of a press conference. The NFL forgot about professionalism on their part. Whoever thought about forcing the losing team to be placed into the winning teams victory celebration should be fired on the spot and criticized heavily at the same time their replacement is celebrating his new job hiring while criticizing the out going employee in his presser - within minutes of the firing. That would be ethical.

Buc fan chiming in.  

Fine season kitties.... really.   A really good SB too.  Imagine!

Then Cam bared himself for the world to see.  All of it.

A guy like Davis playing with a half an isle of Ace Hardware in his freaking arm and you back away from your own fumble like a girl scout?  

Then you sulk and walk out of a presser with the western hemisphere watching?  

Talk the talk. 

The entire organization and it's fans deserved better.

Again, great season, see you next year.

Archived