• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big congrats to the Broncos

Jeremy Igo

just about everything that could have gone wrong did, and there were some questionable calls......BUT Denver made plays when it mattered and simply put we did not

I'm extremely proud of this team and this season, but man this one hurts

4 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

He would atleast put it out with his asshole as long as the fire was on your face...given the assumption that your a female athletic trainer.

He would sell you a Budweiser to help douse yourself with it and once you stopped burning he'd help you get your Nationwide Insurance in order for your medical bills and to help you feel better he'll bring you some Papa John's.

33 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

He would sell you a Budweiser to help douse yourself with it and once you stopped burning he'd help you get your Nationwide Insurance in order for your medical bills and to help you feel better he'll bring you some Papa John's.

Budweiser beat Gatorade and Papa John's beat Oikos. Sadly, that's where the game is headed. 

8 hours ago, cbarrier90 said:

At some point even if you wanted to go full homer and talk about the refs putting us in bad spots it was painfully obvious the offense just wasn't up to caliber with a defense like that.

In many ways it was like watching the 2013 playoff game all over again.

Yes, this game very much reminded me of that game from the way our team played to how the refs handled the game.

10 hours ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

Cam walked out the press conference..

That sh*t hurts..again F*ck the Broncos..

Cam can do what he wants, he is a grown man and doesn't need to meet anyone else's expectations. The insignificant crap that the media runs with is ridiculous. Denver's defense bent us and Shula over, deal with it. I'd rather get beat by a Peyton led team and not Brady. At least Peyton has class and seems to be a sincere guy.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Big congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans. Really had a massive showing today at the game. It was probably the third most hostile away game of the season, pretty incredible for a Superbowl.

They played harder and deserved to win. End of story. 

The fans had a massive showing because their air tickets were far cheaper.  It's a day trip for them.  As for the Broncos, they played dirtier, not harder.  There's a difference.  Talib got away with murder knowing he could risk severely injuring a burgeoning receiver who'd made some clutch plays recently, and only be penalized by a yard. Then there's the Miller slap/whack to the Cam's face/helmet, which he's been quoted as being especially proud of, just as Talib is of his play.  Maybe no call since he didn't grab the mask, but still... .  And then there's the catch that wasn't a catch because no one even knows what constitutes a catch anymore.  That's what set the tone and it was downhill from there.  Toss in "ref interference" and game over.  I like Manning, and I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it sure feels like the NFL gave him that Lombardi.

I didn't like the way some of the Broncos players acted or played (Talib, Ward), but overall Denver played lights out on defense. Their offense was terrible....it reminded me of Trent Dilfer QBing Baltimore to their title.  Their D won the game.

Phillips dialed up a great game plan that included no less than 20 different pre-snap looks for Cam and the O-line to look at, and then ran stunts, twists etc. to get to Cam against a very suspect O-line.  One play that sticks out in my mind is Ware lining up outside, faking a an all out bull rush to the outside and then coming all the way back inside to get to Cam.  It was an impressive show of speed and tenacity.

Also, if you noticed Denver always had their DL plug the middle.  Their interior linemen would attack at the snap, but never sold out to get to Cam...he allowed Ware and Miller to do that job along with a linebacker here and there.  It clogged the middle so we couldn't run the ball effectively and didn't give Cam room to move up in the pocket a/o run.

8 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I didn't like the way some of the Broncos players acted or played (Talib, Ward), but overall Denver played lights out on defense. Their offense was terrible....it reminded me of Trent Dilfer QBing Baltimore to their title.  Their D won the game.

Phillips dialed up a great game plan that included no less than 20 different pre-snap looks for Cam and the O-line to look at, and then ran stunts, twists etc. to get to Cam against a very suspect O-line.  One play that sticks out in my mind is Ware lining up outside, faking a an all out bull rush to the outside and then coming all the way back inside to get to Cam.  It was an impressive show of speed and tenacity.

Also, if you noticed Denver always had their DL plug the middle.  Their interior linemen would attack at the snap, but never sold out to get to Cam...he allowed Ware and Miller to do that job along with a linebacker here and there.  It clogged the middle so we couldn't run the ball effectively and didn't give Cam room to move up in the pocket a/o run.

You miss the point.  Of course WP dialed up a great plan.  Duh.  Hence, no need for blatant no calls by refs and dirty play.  I am all for clean hits that are brutal, a la those by our own #59/58 duo.  Look at it this way, what if Luke had gone for the base of Manning's neck (on his upper back) on that sack?  What would have been the outcome?  Since I have the exact same spine/neuro issue as Peyton, I can tell you that he would have been far more useless the rest of the game (assuming he could have stayed in it), and there probably would have been an ejection.  Had a neutral game been called, and played, hard but clean, I'd have zero problems with it, aside from this thread being pinned and penned by the owner of the forum.  That field pass might be harder to get next year, but pinning the "real reason Cam left" thread might make up for it.  Personally, I abhor being PC, and the aforementioned behavior by Denver and the NFL provides me with no reason to be so.

3 minutes ago, xav8tor said:

You miss the point.  Of course WP dialed up a great plan.  Duh.  Hence, no need for blatant no calls by refs and dirty play.  I am all for clean hits that are brutal, a la those by our own #59/58 duo.  Look at it this way, what if Luke had gone for the base of Manning's neck (on his upper back) on that sack?  What would have been the outcome?  Since I have the exact same spine/neuro issue as Peyton, I can tell you that he would have been far more useless the rest of the game (assuming he could have stayed in it), and there probably would have been an ejection.  Had a neutral game been called, and played, hard but clean, I'd have zero problems with it, aside from this thread being pinned and penned by the owner of the forum.  That field pass might be harder to get next year, but pinning the "real reason Cam left" thread might make up for it.  Personally, I abhor being PC, and the aforementioned behavior by Denver and the NFL provides me with no reason to be so.

The point isn't missed on me and are you "Duhing" yourself since you knew Denver's defensive plan was good as well?  Why talk smack about that?

I agree that I believe the hearts and minds of the NFL, referees, and the nation were with Peyton riding off into the sunset with the trophy and that it wasn't a well officiated game.  I saw at least 5 penalties in the second half that should have been called on Denver, but for some reason weren't.  

I won't however say that this bias cost us the game as a whole.  No, what cost us the game was turnovers, an overachieving O-line that finally met it's match, and due to the O-line not holding up Cam not having enough time to go through his progressions and find the open man.  Further, Denver's D did a better job at containing Cam in the second half than they did in the first.

As far as Luke or T.Davis laying out Peyton, I think Denver could have let me play quarterback last night and they still would have won.  Their offense did nada, zip, zilch unless they got the ball deep inside Carolina territory.

tl, dr:  Yes, I think there was a bias, no it didn't cause us to lose the game.

Archived