• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big congrats to the Broncos

Jeremy Igo

39 minutes ago, Jacob said:

I'm honestly surprised to see this post from Jeremy considering he is the biggest homer out there.

At some point even if you wanted to go full homer and talk about the refs putting us in bad spots it was painfully obvious the offense just wasn't up to caliber with a defense like that.

In many ways it was like watching the 2013 playoff game all over again.

The Broncos went out and took the game from us. Also many will bash Manning and say he just road passenger but the reality is we went against two of the best QBs in the NFL to get to the Super Bowl and our defense pressured those QBs into handing us the game.

P. Manning didn't throw a  INT or TD to Norman or Kuechly and didn't throw a pick six. He had a couple TOs and didn't produce much but that drive for a FG to open the game was big. That plus the sack-fumble-td by Von Miller set the tone for the day, a two score gap against a dominant defensive team.

Manning did his job, he made the Panthers offense have to win the game instead of him giving it away.

Sadly we couldn't do it. I wish we would have tried to Fox ball this game. Very conservative play callling with low risks and wait for Manning to make his mistakes. But the mark of a great defense is to put an offense into high risk situations.

We'll be back.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes, i can be happy for Manning.

And this "OMG we'll never be in the Super Bowl again" is unrealistic.

What really gets me is that there are teams out there that haven't even been in one Super Bowl and we've been in 2, being a relatively new franchise at that.  I think we have a good front office now and I like our coaches.  We just need a piece here and there and we'll be great again next year.

48 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

What really gets me is that there are teams out there that haven't even been in one Super Bowl and we've been in 2, being a relatively new franchise at that.  I think we have a good front office now and I like our coaches.  We just need a piece here and there and we'll be great again next year.

People talking like we're suddenly the Browns.

Don't get that at all.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People talking like we're suddenly the Browns.

Don't get that at all.

There's no guarantee we ever get back to this point.

And even if we do, will there be a more ideal scenario? A QB that throws wounded ducks with little to nothing much else on offense and being favored by many to blow the game out. It was such a "Panther" thing to lose that game the way they did.

That's the frustrating part.

Archived