• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Making a Murderer

fitty76

Sigh, what a disappointment.  First off it is way too long.  It could have been cut back to 6 or 7 episodes.  And, yes, the police seem shady.  But why would they kill some girl to frame Steven Avery, when killing Steven Avery would be the easier thing to do?  They're cops they can make it look like an accident.  I felt like there were things missing from the documentary.  There would be no way in hell if I was on that jury that I would have voted Not Guilty.  There were some compelling things in it.  But I felt like I wasted 10 hours of my life watching this.      

I don't think anyone was saying that the cops actually murdered the girl.  They were saying that the girl was murdered and the cops set Avery up for it.  The reason I think the cops may have been involved in a set up is because they basically said that Avery shot and killed her in his garage.  While at Dassey's trial they said she was tied down, raped, and killed in the bedroom of his trailer.  So which is it?  By the way nevermind the fact that there was no blood found on the mattress or in the trailer where there would have been copious amounts of blood.  And you're not cleaning all that blood up.  It would have soaked into the mattress, carpet, underliner of carpet, etc.  There was also no blood found in the garage. 

I have a theory from what I've read and seen about the case.  I think Dassey's step-dad and brother could have been involved.  They lived next door.  They were each other's alibi and they were in the area when she could have been killed.  I think Dassey could have seen something and possibly was threatened by the step-dad and given a story to follow.  He couldn't follow the story which is why he kept changing it.  The step dad burns the body in the barrel then transfers it to the burn pit by Avery's trailer, which is why there were two places where parts were found.  

On 2/6/2016 at 4:56 PM, Doyle said:

Yeah call me crazy but for some reason when I watched it I felt sorry for Teresa Halbach and her family not Avery.  

Well obviously everybody should feel sympathy for her and her family.  But the controversy isn't about whether or not you should feel sorry for her and her family, rather it's about whether or not the cops put the right person/people in prison.

1 minute ago, stankowalski said:

Well obviously everybody should feel sympathy for her and her family.  But the controversy isn't about whether or not you should feel sorry for her and her family, rather it's about whether or not the cops put the right person/people in prison.

Oh they put the right people away and The Supreme Court agreed unless you think they are also connected to some dumb ole cops from Wisconsin.  

2 minutes ago, Doyle said:

Oh they put the right people away and The Supreme Court agreed unless you think they are also connected to some dumb ole cops from Wisconsin.  

So how does the woman get shot and killed in the garage in Avery's trial and beaten, raped and throat cut in Avery's bedroom in Dassey's trial?

31 minutes ago, Doyle said:

I wasn't in the court room sir.  You are only seeing what the documentary wants you to see not the actual trial.  I will say this Paradise Lost was a much better film and had a killer soundtrack.  

Paradise Lost was so much worse for me to watch, I guess because the victims were 3 eight year old kids.  That case was fascinating as well but the cops fuged up that investigation too.  I just don't know how you sentence someone to die with so little evidence.  And I don't know that I'm convinced yet one way or the other on who did it.  I'm currently reading Devil's Knot which has a little bit more info than the documentary had and it seems like the case was even more prejudiced than what was portrayed in the doc.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 10, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Doyle said:

They didn't put the right people away and Zellner(Avery's new attorney with 17 exonerations) will prove that. You obviously don't know how jacked our appeals process is if you think confirming a conviction in a higher court has anything to do with the actual facts of the case or the guilt or innocence of a person.

Archived