• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Sr - I never thought the Panthers would play this well

Jeremy Igo

I wish he could have accepted his vet role and stay with us, but that isn't Smith, and that isn't what made him great.  He still thinks he's the best on the field and for moments he still can be.   He needed to let Cam take over, and he just wasn't ready.  It happens.  I won't ever forget his time here though.  

8 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

He needed to let Cam take over, and he just wasn't ready.

Smitty was / is a hell of a player. He had a lot of gas left in the tank and was not going to be the second best player on the team or retire. And it wasn't exactly Sophie's Choice over who the front office was going to pick. I'm glad he's showing the Panther's a little love though. It's kind of like getting along with your ex around the kids...everyone wins when you can play nice. We won't see the Ravens next year unless it's in the SB, but if we did, he'd try to tear us apart, as it should be

41 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Episode I was an abomination of film making.

I don't know why episode I gets so much grief compared to the others... it was a hell of a lot better than episode II.  That one was the real turd of the prequels.

Episode I had by far the least amount of CGI, and thus actually looks somewhat realistic... it doesn't have the completely unbelievably overacted scenes like Palpatine in episode III or Count Dooku in the others.  It doesn't have Hayden's wooden acting or the cheesy ridiculous "romance" moments and ensuing dialogue of episode II and III.  It doesn't have as much of the boring political talk as episode II.  It had Darth Maul, one of the coolest things about the prequels... Qui-Gon Jinn, another one of the redeeming qualities of the prequels, and the pod race and Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon... two of the best scenes in all of the prequels... and the Duel of Fates soundtrack, one of the best soundtracks period in all of Star Wars.

It just seems like that one has become the "cool" one to hate, when really the only really bad things about it was a bit too much Jar Jar, the actor that played kid Anakin (which wasn't that bad... he's just a kid), and the midichlorians thing.  Hell it's probably, from a straight up movie standpoint, the overall best and most 'Star Wars-y' of the prequels aside from the last 1/3 of Revenge of the Sith.

37 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Right now I would take Philly because he's a team player. The Panthers are in the Super Bowl because they have a roster full of team players. That's how you win.

I didn't ask who was a team player, I asked would you rather have Philly Brown as the "small WR" on Sunday or Steve Smith.

Of course if we're talking about chemistry, it's Philly, but if I could have Philly Brown or a healthy Steve Smith on the field JUST FOR THIS ONE GAME, I wish it was Smith because he's better and I'd love to see him win a Super Bowl (with the Panthers). 

I didn't ask who's better for the team if you want to look at the whole season. Just this one game.

It's a shame some of you hold so much hate against the man. We all knew he was fiery and a poo talker. Why you guys expected it to be different after suddenly getting cut, I don't know. 

He has had time to calm down and now he roots for us. He has been talking us up the entire post season. I hope he gets a network job and I hope he comes home to retire as a Panther. 

Archived