• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Sr - I never thought the Panthers would play this well

Jeremy Igo

Hate that he's not here to enjoy this success because he kept us all entertained and we all loved him (still do) during the lean years but we wouldn't be this fun loving young team if he was still here. Wish he would have gone the Gross route, retired a Panther and work for the org.  Going to the Ravens still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth...but it's a business. 

5 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

I don't think he will ever admit that. He's a great player but when you're a cancer to everybody, you've gotta go. 

Agreed, but ultimately it doesn't really matter whether he admits it or not.

A year after letting him go, the Panthers embarked on what would be not just a Super Bowl season, but a season with only a single loss to date and quite possibly a world championship.

All without him.

That, to quote Charlie Sheen, is winning.

I hope he does come to the point of admitting it, but I agree it's hard to imagine.

52 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Sounds like Smith knows he missed out on a good thing, and misses his ex.

K not to turn this into a Steve Smith thread...oh wait it is one. 

Here's the deal: it was time for the Panthers to part ways with Smitty, Gettleman could have handled it better, Steve has a permanent chip on his shoulder and thus not only did us releasing him add to that- but the manner in which it happened really pissed him off. 

He has never hated the Panthers, nor did he want to leave. His beef was solely with Getlleman. 

58 minutes ago, Jase said:

this has got to be killing him.

I love it. lolololololol

I think he's gotten past it. I get the feeling he sees that team as a group of his friends that he is happy for now that the sting has warn off.  But whenever some douche challenges on Twitter or whatever he is not going to back down.

He was very complimentary of the Panthers on mike and mike this morning. 

And guys, stop acting superior because you are fans of this team. Most of us did not believe the Panthers would be this good this year after KB went down. 

7 minutes ago, SOJA said:

K not to turn this into a Steve Smith thread...oh wait it is one. 

Here's the deal: it was time for the Panthers to part ways with Smitty, Gettleman could have handled it better, Steve has a permanent chip on his shoulder and thus not only did us releasing him add to that- but the manner in which it happened really pissed him off. 

He has never hated the Panthers, nor did he want to leave. His beef was solely with Getlleman. 

Smith more than once stated the belief that Gettleman - and probably Rivera too - would fail and get fired in short order and he'd have the last laugh. I think he sees now that that's not gonna happen.

He's lost this war, and he knows it.

Archived