• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Defenders

fitty76

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

If you truly believe that there is even a remote possibility that Cam will fall apart next year. God have mercy on your soul.

You obviously believe that all the work Cam has put in to become the best was just so much hoowey. That he truly believes that he has nothing more to prove. That he worked this hard to get to this point only to rest on his laurels. Because you have to believe this stuff to be even able to entertain the idea that Cam will regress next year.

Cam is one of the hardest working players in the whole damm league. That is not going to stop. He wants to be the best and he ain't gonna stop working toward that goal. Never.

Leads to a question...

Why do many athletic quarterbacks - the Michael Vicks, the Jeff Georges, etc - fail to become great passers in the NFL?

Per one former NFL GM (whose name escapes me at the moment) it's because they've been conditioned to believe that they can get by on their athletic ability - and why not, given that they pretty much always have - so they don't put in the kind of work they need to truly become a quality NFL quarterback.

There's been literally zero indication that Newton lacks work ethic.  Just the opposite.

So no, I don't see him suddenly turning into Josh Freeman.

19 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

If you truly believe that there is even a remote possibility that Cam will fall apart next year. God have mercy on your soul.

You obviously believe that all the work Cam has put in to become the best was just so much hoowey. That he truly believes that he has nothing more to prove. That he worked this hard to get to this point only to rest on his laurels. Because you have to believe this stuff to be even able to entertain the idea that Cam will regress next year.

Cam is one of the hardest working players in the whole damm league. That is not going to stop. He wants to be the best and he ain't gonna stop working toward that goal. Never.

I'm not saying it would happen.  I highly doubt he would regress.  I'm saying IF it happened.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Leads to a question...

Why do many athletic quarterbacks - the Michael Vicks, the Jeff Georges, etc - fail to become great passers in the NFL?

Per one former NFL GM (whose name escapes me at the moment) it's because they've been conditioned to believe that they can get by on their athletic ability - and why not, given that they pretty much always have - so they don't put in the kind of work they need to truly become a quality NFL quarterback.

There's been literally zero indication that Newton lacks work ethic.  Just the opposite.

As the criticisms fall away, and the accolades continue to come. The one thing we can take to the bank about Cameron Jerel Newton. Leader of men, something something about puppies. Is the fact that he will outwork you.

2 days after the Cards win. With 2 weeks until the next game. Cam was already 1 day into his film study. That kind of work ethic never goes away. It is instilled in his genes.

Teamed with his freakish athletic ability. It is the formula that will make him one of the all timers. And by God, he is ours.

2 minutes ago, fitty76 said:

I'm not saying it would happen.  I highly doubt he would regress.  I'm saying IF it happened.  

IF it happens, there will be a very good reason. Cuz there is no way on God's green earth that Cam ain't gonna outwork everybody else. It would take an act of God for him to regress. And if that were to happen, it would take a straight up idiot to criticize him. So I guess, there is a chance he can still receive some criticism in the future. Slim to be sure. But possible.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Leads to a question...

Next year will be telling as far proving to people how hard he works.  I don't think there will be a fall off.  I drew a parallel with Michael Jordan and I'm not the first to have made that parallel.  He also shares another trait with Jordan in that he hates to lose.  I mean nobody likes to lose but I believe he hates it with a passion which is why he appears to be so driven.  This year with the MVP and Super Bowl really might be the start of a historic run.  Like his father said, he's a monster and is on the cusp of greatness...and he knows it.

5 hours ago, fitty76 said:

So Cam is a perfect QB in every way possible?  There is absolutely nothing you can say critical of him without being labeled a hater?   

I wasn't suggesting that, I was hoping to get an idea of what sort of criticism of Cam you had, or you had seen, that you thought was being unfairly derided as being racist or just hating on Cam.

But seeing how you've ignored some posts and the way you responded to others, you don't seem to actually HAVE any valid criticisms of Cam. You just seem to be upset that SOME criticism of Cam has been shouted down. Which confuses me.

What confuses me more is your argument that IF Cam fails in the future you want to be able to criticise him then? If any player or coach fails in the future then they will be criticised. Just as other players (including your example, Kaepernick) and coaches have been criticised in the past.

As a result of this thread however, I just think you've been whinging for the sake of whinging.

Archived