• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quality vs Content

shinner

Without hesitation, I would  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Without hesitation, I would

• Local SD: I needs my announcers
    • HD: why is this even a question?

Ok, you're getting ready to watch your game...you bring up the onscreen guide and see it's available on 2 stations. The first is in HD but it's the other teams broadcast. The second is your teams broadcast but it's in SD.

Which one do you watch? Do you go for the superior picture of the opponent's HD feed or Is the idea of not being able to hear your home team's announcers enough to make you suffer with a horrible SD picture?

(btw - in this scenario you also don't have the option of listening to the local audio via am, fm, internet or other audio device.)

Rosinski - I'll take SD and close my eyes a lot of the time.

Mixon - I'd listen to another team unless it was Atlanta.

This was my wife's choice last night. Braves broadcast in SD, Mets in HD. I would suffer through the Mets broadcast but she watched the SD Braves team. Luckily I never am put in that spot with Red Sox/Yankees because if it's on YES, it's on NESN...and NESN has one of the best HD pictures I've seen.

weird scenario IMO. I have the choice of HD and SD, but both are the same other than picture quality. announcers, commercials, everything

Not weird at all for me....if we were talking about a "local" team, I probably would have the choice of HD or SD by the local network....but that isn't the situation.

Being new to the HD world I would probably go for the HD for the majority of the game switching over to the SD for replays of a really great play by my team.

I always check my HD channels for something to watch before checking the SD, and have been that way ever since I got it hooked up.

My wife can't tell the diff between SD and HD... I think the vagina affects the brain.

mine WAS the same way. she would DVR or watch stuff on the SD stations when it was on the HD station. I finally made her sit down, and look at the difference as I went back and forth from channel 9(fox SD) to 920(fox HD) several times. I had to do it during something she was interested in for her to really see it. Now she never makes the mistake of recording the SD if HD is available. Discovery and NatGeo are also great channels for doing this same thing.

mine WAS the same way. she would DVR or watch stuff on the SD stations when it was on the HD station. I finally made her sit down, and look at the difference as I went back and forth from channel 9(fox SD) to 920(fox HD) several times. I had to do it during something she was interested in for her to really see it. Now she never makes the mistake of recording the SD if HD is available. Discovery and NatGeo are also great channels for doing this same thing.

:lol:

I haven't bothered to try and explain it to mine... she also records everything in SD which is fine with me because it takes a lot less space on the DVR and leaves more for me to use. :D

Not sure which is worse...

I got home yesterday and found my wife comparing two custom calibration setting trying to decide if the magenta setting in one was better than the other.

Your situation is way worse... mine has no inclination to do anything like that... and I'm glad she doesn't, the TV would be screwed up.

Archived