• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Poo and Giggles. Lets Talk Draft Picks

chknwing

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Karl Joseph. 

You always have us picking a WVU player lol...and we never pick one!

At least this time the player you tout is actually good and would be a great pickup at the end of round 2....unless we move out of the last pick in the 1st and picked him earlier in the 2nd with the swap.

His injury though...what'st he latest on that haven't kept up with it in a while?

Honestly, I want more pass rush in the lines. Dwan Edwards is old for a DT. I know we have love but having another stud DT for interior pass rushing and gap stuffing purposes, I'd love to see. 

Defensive end as well. Allen might retire after this game. Johnson is well...getting up there. Ealy, Addison, Alexander, Delaire...uh yeah good depth but unless Ealy unleashes hell, we need more pass rush. 

Seeing Gettlemans tendencies tho, I'd be more interested in  Free Agency first. He will fill in any holes through FA and then Add Depth through the draft. 

As far as Offense goes. I'd like to see a Tackle taken and 1 WR/KR. I'm thinking a Tyler Lockett/Younger Ginn Jr type. Love Philly Brown, but he needs to be more consistent.

Gman knows how to get the most out of people, that's through competition. 

I'd also like to see several resingings. Coleman, Norman, Finnegan, Webb, Tolbert, Nortman, Love.

3 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Priority by position: 

1- Safety (Speed and youth.) 

2.) DE- (Speed and youth)

3.) OLine- Depth and Youth (Being the top running offense means that we need a solid rotation in 

4.) RB - J-Stew has had a great year and I know that we like CAP and Wegher. But we just havent see enough from them. Not sure we keep Tolbert. 

5.) CB- get the feeling that we're going to franchise J.No after this year. May not be available in 2017. Peanut Tillman will likely retire this year. This unit has done well.. but not sure Robert McClain or Cortland Finnegan are our answers going forward.    

6.) DT- We're going to lock KK down... but I dont know if we can keep both he and Star. I think we can because KK's star has risen so much that it appears to have dwarfed Star's contributions. Either way... Dwan is long in the tooth. We need depth. 

7.) LB's - TD probably has 2 more years. Shaq's inconsistency has been masked by the dominance of the the rest of the LB core. I expect Shaq to put on some weight so that he doesnt get blown up by blocks... He will get better. But we need another fast LB who can fly around given injury to TD or Luke. 

8.) WR/ TE- Who would've thought this group would be our strongest group. This is really about continuity and not breaking up a good thing. KB returning next year should really give us one of the strongest WR core's in the league. Funchess is only going to get better and stronger. Philly Brown has proven to be solid. He proved himself against 2 of the top secondary's in the league (Seattle and Arizona.) Ted is our big play threat. KB and Greg Olsen tells me that they can't cheat the safeties or double team anyone. Really opens up the play book. Cotchery should have another year in him. 

9.) QB- This is really a post about Derek Anderson than it is about Cam. DA is the best backup in the league. If he stays, we're good to go until he retires. There may be a chance that someone like Denver could use his services next year. Which could make things very interesting. 

Anderson is locked up till 2018. We have the best depth at LB in the league. Star is a space eater and a hog in stuffing run. Short gets the stats, but it's not an individual accolade. Definitely coud use depth though at DT and DE. 

4 hours ago, chknwing said:

Since Carolina is assured 1 of the last 2 picks in the first round.  Obviously trading out makes sense.  They trade out they can quite possibly have 2 2nds and pick up an extra 3rd.  They got some high dollar talent on their team already they are going to need to pay so a 2nd round pick makes sense but they would lose out on a 5th year option.  I think this draft may be a very fun draft for carolina.  There are no glaring needs, just some depth. I think Norman is signed.  One could argue a need for DE though. 

Given a high 2nd, high 3rd and 32nd in 2nd and 3rd rounds. who do you want?

Not trading out could make more sense depending on what's available. The 5th year option can be extremely valuable.

3 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

why is it that every year people talk about trading down, like you just push a button and teams are lining up to give you 2nd and 3rd round picks?

0271958eefdf7b3f240c21492ffc712f1a9ae3e6

lol sorry opportunity was too good.  If teams didn't do it we would have no foundation for the assumption.  It happens.  Rarely for Carolina though.

Archived