• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like I'm not the only one

chknwing

1 minute ago, thebigcat said:

I'm not going to lie, I sit near him and he kind of rubs me the wrong way. My boy is fascinated with him and wanted me to get him a picture next to him, the man basically didn't even respond to me while I am standing next to him. Props to being a superfan and perhaps he was having an off day but it bummed my boy out

I met him after teh game once. It does get a little tiresome. he told me it takes him 2 hours to leave the stadium.

6 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

I'm not going to lie, I sit near him and he kind of rubs me the wrong way. My boy is fascinated with him and wanted me to get him a picture next to him, the man basically didn't even respond to me while I am standing next to him. Props to being a superfan and perhaps he was having an off day but it bummed my boy out

I went to my first game last year and I saw a couple get his pic with him, he did it but he didn't look happy.

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

I met him after teh game once. It does get a little tiresome. he told me it takes him 2 hours to leave the stadium.

Yeah he almost has the same exposure as the players, without the benefit of showers, media time, team meetings, and a separate exit after the game to protect him from adoring fans. In other words, he's like you and me, but has to deal with the same attention a minor player does. That's a lot of stress. The one time I met Catman, he was very accomodating. Gave me a signature and a photo smiling the whole time

13 minutes ago, Prowling Cat said:

His gofundme says that he has had health problems, that could play a part in it.. 

I was going to say the same thing.  I thought he got really sick there for a while...not sure what his illness was, they didn't say or I honestly can't remember.  I think he missed a few games because of it?  Again I could be mistaken.  In either case, if he was not feeling well that particular day, it may be the reason.  I have to imagine being the Panthers "#1 Fan" would be tiresome after so many years of doing it.  At this point, it's almost like he just can not stop doing it and would get even more attention if he suddenly stopped.  Kinda one of them thing's you gotta hang on to your life once you have done it so long.  I would honestly hate it after doing it for so long...especially good years like this, you would have all these new fans wanting to take picture, sign autograph's constantly.  I could understand why some days, if he did not feel well, he would respond in this way.  

Archived