• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How dangerous is it to go to an Eagles game as an opposing fan?

TheSaint

you hear horror stories.

What about if you dont go decked out in opposing gear, but still cheer for your team? Id think the greatest danger would be leaving the stadium after throwing the Eagles a beatdown, with that teams gear on.

Just saw that Dave Matthews is playing in Camden, NJ Sat/Sun and the Saints are playing Sunday.

Would be a hell of a twofer weekend, but i need to survive. And the wife doesnt need to much stress.

you hear horror stories.

What about if you dont go decked out in opposing gear, but still cheer for your team? Id think the greatest danger would be leaving the stadium after throwing the Eagles a beatdown, with that teams gear on.

Just saw that Dave Matthews is playing in Camden, NJ Sat/Sun and the Saints are playing Sunday.

Would be a hell of a twofer weekend, but i need to survive. And the wife doesnt need to much stress.

Eagles fans have calmed down a bit in recent years. One of my best friends is from Phili and he said fans are more tame compared to the early and mid 90s. But it is still Phili. I'd say hello to the guys around you when you sit down. Be friendly. Most people are still human. Be humble when you cheer. Good rules when you're a visiting fan in a rough environment.

None of the above applies to being a carolina fan at cameron indoor, however. In that situation, tlak as much crap as possible.

I went to many games in the late 80's early 90's and got death threats. This may have been because i was in the 700 section wearing an NFC east opponent attire. However philly has asshole fans so expect the worst.

and a concert in camdem? wow you are possibly going to the 2 worst places on earth... camdem and an eagles game not wearing green

you hear horror stories.

lol you're worried about the eagles fans but you want to go to Camden?

I went to that MNF game where key choked and blamed jake. I went on the business dime and took 3 eagle fans so out of respect for them I only wore my hat.

We went to a bar near the stadium to get our buzz on, pretty famous spot but can't remember the name. Real shithole near the produce market but with great fans, food and beer. You could barely squeeze into the joint.

The parking lot area is probably the worst. Plenty of good tailgates but not a smart place to spend a lot of time at night with any color on other than green. The stadium was just like any other away game. Bottom line, great fans, great stadium but have a thick skin.

Archived