• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos enjoying the underdog role

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, d-dave said:

While we as fans have a lot of fun with these motivational debates and bulletin board material, it's the freaking Super Bowl.

If the teams can't get up for that...then they shouldn't be here.

Also, the Packers were very soft this year.  The Pats were extremely one dimensional.  The Bengals were Dalton-less so there will be a bit of a pause there.

To me, the pressure is on them to shut up this loudmouth team from NC.  A bunch of dabbing, trash talking, bat carrying (in the locker room now), Johnny-come-latelies.  It's on them to win one for the gipper (Manning).  Do they want to go down as the team that let down Payton Manning?

Shoot, no one expected us to be there, much less to win it =)  We're hungry, and they are looking tasty =)

New school vs Old school, Panthers are motivated by their own means, chance to win the First Superbowl in franchise history! 

Its gonna be River Boat Ron in full force. ConcreteClosedAmericanblackvulture.gif

5 hours ago, BrownianMotion said:

That's an interesting fact. I knew Carolina was the #1 scoring offense, but wasn't sure of their point distribution. If the Panthers can do that next Sunday - i.e. put up a fairly large point total in the first half and get up to a comfortable lead - it will play right into their hands. This is because if Denver gets one dimensional and has to rely on their passing game to bring them back, they may as well throw in the towel. Peyton Manning, at this stage of his career, is not bringing any team back from a 10 or greater point deficit. If that's the scenario the Broncos face in the 2nd half, you can almost guarantee they'll turn the ball over several times.

This is completely untrue. They were down by 2 scores against your team late in the game and still ran the ball. And came back and won by running the ball.

2 hours ago, thomas96 said:

This is completely untrue. They were down by 2 scores against your team late in the game and still ran the ball. And came back and won by running the ball.

That was Brock Osweiler. I stated that Manning couldn't bring a team back. With Brock, a team still has to respect his arm somewhat, and those bootleg plays they run. Also, they only ran the ball effectively after Hightower went down. In the AFCCG, and for most of the year, their run game has been mediocre. 

14 hours ago, Nomad82 said:

..and that's the key. Avoid reading fluff articles.

I knew the 2001 St. Louis team was in trouble when they appeared on the Best damn sports show period and got shitfaced. The Panthers are smarter than that because they're well grounded.

Exactly.  I have read the same thing about Buffalo.  I remember an interview with Giants players that saw some Bills players getting fitted for rings in the week leading up to the game.  The quote was "we got them."

6 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

wish Tolbert wouldn't have said that stupid ass poo.  perfectly fine to think it, but don't say it.  that is ideal lockerroom material

Locker Room material doesn't apply in the Superbowl. 

There is no needed extra incentive. 

That ring and that fat bonus are more than enough. 

Archived