• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos enjoying the underdog role

Jeremy Igo

We had a football expert come on this forum and tell us we were going to lose to the Jaguars. No team is poo on like the Panthers. Several experts are picking Denver even with Manning throwing the ball like an old lady. He can barely get the ball to go 10 yards, but some experts are still willing to pick Denver. If Manning we're on our team and Denver had Cam they would ALL be picking us to lose by 40 points.

The reason many here are discounting the Broncos is because they are a very low scoring high turn over team with a QB well past his prime.

They haven't dominated any team they have played in recent memory and have barely beaten teams decimated with injuries in the playoffs.  They will need to elevate their game substantially to compete with the Panthers and haven't shown the ability to do so. 

Meanwhile the Panthers have been destroying their competition and scoring substantially more points in the first half than Denver has been able to generate in an entire game.  Add in the fact that the Broncos are a turnover machine and it is not hard to feel confident about the outcome.

16 minutes ago, YourMomsLover said:

Don't car what y'all say. I'm worried about this game just like I was the Hawks and Cards games. 

Gotta play lights off smash mouth football for 4 entire quarters. 

no doubt. Denver D is good enough to win a game.  Denver O will make some plays too.  Every game is different.  Some days Luke may be having one those days where he is on fire.....and sometimes he is just solid.  Same goes for every position for all teams.  Each game has it's own identity.  Could be a low scoring pounder, a high scoring shootout or a blowout.

Never know.  Carolina has been the better team this season.  What matters is being the better team on Feb 7, 2016.  Any given Sunday.  No one can be at there best every game.  That why being well rounded is so important and being able to win in LOTS of ways.

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The reason many here are discounting the Broncos is because they are a very low scoring high turn over team with a QB well past his prime.

They haven't dominated any team they have played in recent memory and have barely beaten teams decimated with injuries in the playoffs.  They will need to elevate their game substantially to compete with the Panthers and haven't shown the ability to do so. 

Meanwhile the Panthers have been destroying their competition and scoring substantially more points in the first half than Denver has been able to generate in an entire game.  Add in the fact that the Broncos are a turnover machine and it is not hard to feel confident about the outcome.

That's an interesting fact. I knew Carolina was the #1 scoring offense, but wasn't sure of their point distribution. If the Panthers can do that next Sunday - i.e. put up a fairly large point total in the first half and get up to a comfortable lead - it will play right into their hands. This is because if Denver gets one dimensional and has to rely on their passing game to bring them back, they may as well throw in the towel. Peyton Manning, at this stage of his career, is not bringing any team back from a 10 or greater point deficit. If that's the scenario the Broncos face in the 2nd half, you can almost guarantee they'll turn the ball over several times.

54 minutes ago, CRA said:

Last week when Manning ran for a first down it had a similar but less powerful effect. And it caught the Patsies off guard. I think the same would happen to Carolina. We will be prepared for a running Cam but will Carolina be prepared for a running Manning? No way. If he calls his own number or at least puts himself as a higher option on some short yardage situations early it will give their D something else to think about later. It could definitely improve our TD chances inside 5 yards. And I think it will inspire our team

Oh man. I hope Peyton doesn't try to run against us.

I kind of like him and I don't want him to die. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Beat a Packers team that was swept by the Lions.

Needed overtime to beat the AJ McCarron-led Bengals at home

They beat a short-handed Pats team in the regular season, and took care of the non-mobile QB at home in the playoffs with their defense playing lights out. 

Sure, let's just assume beating the Panthers is the same as all that, please. 

The Packers didn't actually get swept by the Lions. Rodgers ridiculous 70 yard Hail Mary saved them from that.

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

The Packers didn't actually get swept by the Lions. Rodgers ridiculous 70 yard Hail Mary saved them from that.

Dammit, you're right.  I was thinking of something else but put that.  Maybe it was that they didn't win a home division game for this first time in a thousand years, something like that.

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

It's a fair point they are in the Super Bowl too, IMO the panthers are a far superior team, but with that said the Panthers team doesn't need to read their own press clippings too much and realize they will have to play well to beat them. 

..and that's the key. Avoid reading fluff articles.

I knew the 2001 St. Louis team was in trouble when they appeared on the Best damn sports show period and got shitfaced. The Panthers are smarter than that because they're well grounded.

Archived