• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos enjoying the underdog role

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I can't remember what Denver board it is was on but someone started a thread about how they could have designed runs for Peyton Manning or something as a wrinkle for us to plan for.

Important to remember folks....marijuana is legal in Denver.  Don't do drugs kids.  You say crazy things.  

That would be like pitting a Chrysler Town & Country against a Ferrari in a drag race.

1 minute ago, VerticalThreat said:

Could you imagine what would happen if Peyton took off? Their passing offense is built around the quick throw, so our LBs won't be dropping near as deep, and we know how quickly Luke, TD and Shaq can close ground. Holy moly...I don't know if PM would walk away from that one.

apparently Peyton had a wide open run last week.  One of those random once every 5 year type runs where the guy obviously can't run comically scampers in slow motion through a wide open pocket.

Now they think Carolina will be threatened and should run Peyton Manning against us.  Seriously.  I read that.  That is not a joke.  That is something I would like to of made up, if I was going to make up stuff, to make a Bronco fan sound crazy.

While we as fans have a lot of fun with these motivational debates and bulletin board material, it's the freaking Super Bowl.

If the teams can't get up for that...then they shouldn't be here.

Also, the Packers were very soft this year.  The Pats were extremely one dimensional.  The Bengals were Dalton-less so there will be a bit of a pause there.

To me, the pressure is on them to shut up this loudmouth team from NC.  A bunch of dabbing, trash talking, bat carrying (in the locker room now), Johnny-come-latelies.  It's on them to win one for the gipper (Manning).  Do they want to go down as the team that let down Payton Manning?

Shoot, no one expected us to be there, much less to win it =)  We're hungry, and they are looking tasty =)

In terms of playoff teams besides us, on a neutral field, the following would beat Denver:

Seattle

Green Bay

New England

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

Perhaps Cincy and Arizona as well.  Definitely Cincy if Dalton was healthy.  Palmer's meltdown tendencies would make it close.

Have fun being the underdog.  We've dominated the spread the last three games.

In fairness to the Bronco fans, these are there actual thoughts that I read:

Remember Elway's run and spinning tackle for a first down in SB32? That was to me the turning point in that game. Up to that point we were pretty evenly matched with the Packers but on that play, the team was galvanized on a mission and didn't look back.

Last week when Manning ran for a first down it had a similar but less powerful effect. And it caught the Patsies off guard. I think the same would happen to Carolina. We will be prepared for a running Cam but will Carolina be prepared for a running Manning? No way. If he calls his own number or at least puts himself as a higher option on some short yardage situations early it will give their D something else to think about later. It could definitely improve our TD chances inside 5 yards. And I think it will inspire our team

What I noticed is that all those games mentioned in the post were in Denver against teams they are more reliant on the pass than run, which plays into the hands of Denver's defense. The NFL is all about matchups. I feel confident that the Panthers won't be intimated by Denver's defense. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

In fairness to the Bronco fans, these are there actual thoughts that I read:

Remember Elway's run and spinning tackle for a first down in SB32? That was to me the turning point in that game. Up to that point we were pretty evenly matched with the Packers but on that play, the team was galvanized on a mission and didn't look back.

Last week when Manning ran for a first down it had a similar but less powerful effect. And it caught the Patsies off guard. I think the same would happen to Carolina. We will be prepared for a running Cam but will Carolina be prepared for a running Manning? No way. If he calls his own number or at least puts himself as a higher option on some short yardage situations early it will give their D something else to think about later. It could definitely improve our TD chances inside 5 yards. And I think it will inspire our team

Didn't they go 3 and out after that run?

Broncos fans trying to make like being underdogs will help 'em =

grasping at straws: 1. trying to find some way to succeed when nothing you choose is likely to work
                               2. trying to find reasons to feel hopeful about a bad situation

Beat a Packers team that underachieved all season.

Needed overtime to beat the AJ McCarron-led Bengals at home

They beat a short-handed Pats team in the regular season, and took care of the non-mobile QB at home in the playoffs with their defense playing lights out. 

Sure, let's just assume beating the Panthers is the same as all that, please. 

Archived