• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Palmer admits he was planning ahead

Newtcase

I remember hearing Carson's comment about our upcoming game and he was saying (paraphrasing), "We're not doing anything extra or changing things. We have a pretty good system we feel comfortable with."

When I heard him say that I thought - I hope Cam is preparing extra, and Luke is doing extra work, and Davis is pushing himself, and the team is studying more film than ever. Because that sounded like "we got this without having to try" to me. And I knew our boys would put a hurting on them if they had that attitude.

Does anyone remember hearing that from Carson? It sounds constructive in a way, but isn't in reality at all what I want to hear from my team. I want to hear we're putting in extra work to get prepared. Call me old school, but in a way I don't think they took us very seriously.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Fever said:

I remember hearing Carson's comment about our upcoming game and he was saying (paraphrasing), "We're not doing anything extra or changing things. We have a pretty good system we feel comfortable with."

When I heard him say that I thought - I hope Cam is preparing extra, and Luke is doing extra work, and Davis is pushing himself, and the team is studying more film than ever. Because that sounded like "we got this without having to try" to me. And I knew our boys would put a hurting on them if they had that attitude.

Does anyone remember hearing that from Carson? It sounds constructive in a way, but isn't in reality at all what I want to hear from my team. I want to hear we're putting in extra work to get prepared. Call me old school, but in a way I don't think they took us very seriously.

I have heard plenty of Super Bowl veterans including Ron say the same thing. You don't have the players doing anything different including studying more. Too much information can cause you to put too much pressure on yourself. I would hope the Panthers aren't changing up their prep schedule now that the games are bigger. 

Of course leave it to the Huddle to take things out of context. It seems clear Palmer was talking about mentally thinking ahead. I don't think he is referring to travel plans. And if you don't think Panthers players were thinking ahead to the Super Bowl too then you are fooling yourself. The Cardinals lost because Palmer melted under the pressure and the Panthers just played their game and excelled under the pressure. 

2 hours ago, CCS said:

Well, if he was planning on the pro bowl this shouldn't be that rough on him.

Obviously he WAS planning on the pro bowl but he didn't plan on having to throw so much and re-injuring his finger further. This is why he is upset as he can't play in the pro bowl now.  

Archived