• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I shall now define lazy journalism.

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

I read it as sarcasm. But now y'all have me thinking otherwise. 

Upon further reading of his Tweets going back I'd say it's defiantly sarcasm. Sarcasm isn't our strong point here.

If you're not funny then when you make a statement on twitter people tend to take it seriously. Anyone who has been using twitter for more than a day knows that. Sarcastic guy? Great. Go be sarcastic with your friends who understand you. Don't do it on twitter unless you're funny.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If you're not funny then when you make a statement on twitter people tend to take it seriously. Anyone who has been using twitter for more than a day knows that. Sarcastic guy? Great. Go be sarcastic with your friends who understand you. Don't do it on twitter unless you're funny.

There is something to that but I suppose another lesson is to not judge anything based upon just the title. I would think if anyone had read more than a single Tweet from that source they would notice the sarcasm.

14 minutes ago, csx said:

There is something to that but I suppose another lesson is to not judge anything based upon just the title. I would think if anyone had read more than a single Tweet from that source they would notice the sarcasm.

It seems to me that what has happened is that Jeremy saw this tweet, took it seriously, brought it here and presented it seriously, and then we have a big misunderstanding. There are a lot of people who are searching the internet for Panthers and Cam Newton content, so now is not the time to whip out your sarcastic Cam Newton comment and expect to be understood. Now if you don't mind being misunderstood, then hey fire away. But don't cry foul if people who don't know you from Adam take you seriously.

Just now, pantherj said:

It seems to me that what has happened is that Jeremy saw this tweet, took it seriously, brought it here and presented it seriously, and then we have a big misunderstanding. There are a lot of people who are searching the internet for Panthers and Cam Newton content, so now is not the time to whip out your sarcastic Cam Newton comment and expect to be understood. Now if you don't mind being misunderstood, then hey fire away. But don't cry foul if people who don't know you from Adam take you seriously.

I may have missed it but I don't think he was crying foul. I think he was making fun of us.

10 minutes ago, csx said:

I may have missed it but I don't think he was crying foul. I think he was making fun of us.

The way I took it, I only read 2 of the tweets, was that his Seahawk tweet was his way of complaining about our fan base attacking him. He was taking a shot at our fan base for attacking him. The point I'm trying to make is that he should have expected that this would happen.

Archived