• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If You Bank With Wells Fargo

chknwing

I had to bay a nice fat bill today but had to call customer service to increase.  It was no biggie and you can adjust it to whatever amount you want.  It's a self-adjusting security measure, it just had to be set at the get go to get started. 

I think almost all banks do this. I have only had that issue once - I just called and waited about five minutes for it to be approved.

I didn't realize I could call and have the limit raised or lowered. I may have to get mine lowered since, at least four times since 2009, someone has used my account for purchases over $600.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2016 at 7:48 PM, SmokinwithWilly said:

I actually reduced mine to $300. I know how much I generally spend on average, and anything over that amount is going to be a large purchase so I know to call ahead of time to up my limit for the day. With access to credit card info so easy to obtain, keeping a tight reign on your spending limit is not a bad thing. 

until you get drunk and try to buy $500 dollars worth of collector edition beanie babies.....oh cmon don't act like I'm the only one

I like this level of protection on my debit card. If they hack your cash then your are SOL longer than if they hack a credit card. I just had someone hack my online banking and send themselves $700. I had to set up all new accounts. For me to have recovered that $700 cash vs if there was fraud on my amex is a lot of time and hassle. If I need to buy something big I will use my credit card to grab the points then set up a payment from the bank acc. 

I had my debit card stolen once and Wells cut it off after  2 swipes totaling about $50.  They know your spending habits.  I have never purchased cigarettes and that was apparently the 2nd thing the thief purchased.  That security system is amazing and kept my bank account from being drained.

Archived