• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If You Bank With Wells Fargo

chknwing

If you bank with Wells Fargo you may or may not know this but I found out the hard way.  Apparently Wells Fargo has what they are calling a security measure that limits what you can spend in one day using you check/debit card.  I'm not talking a withdrawal from the ATM, I'm talking just card swipes or online purchases.  Their default limit is $1500 total in transactions daily.  This is important to know because one day you may need to make a purchase greater than that, pay to have your car fixed, pay a medical bill etc.  It can be embarrassing if your at he store and your poo keeps getting declined when you have plenty of money in the bank.  You can call wells fargo to have them increase it to $5000 and if you need more than that they have to have some one higher up overide it.  Its all a bunch of BS.  This should be a security measure you should be able to opt in or out of.  I don't need someone telling me how much of my own fuging money I can spend in one day.

4 hours ago, chknwing said:

If you bank with Wells Fargo you may or may not know this but I found out the hard way.  Apparently Wells Fargo has what they are calling a security measure that limits what you can spend in one day using you check/debit card.  I'm not talking a withdrawal from the ATM, I'm talking just card swipes or online purchases.  Their default limit is $1500 total in transactions daily.  This is important to know because one day you may need to make a purchase greater than that, pay to have your car fixed, pay a medical bill etc.  It can be embarrassing if your at he store and your poo keeps getting declined when you have plenty of money in the bank.  You can call wells fargo to have them increase it to $5000 and if you need more than that they have to have some one higher up overide it.  Its all a bunch of BS.  This should be a security measure you should be able to opt in or out of.  I don't need someone telling me how much of my own fuging money I can spend in one day.

But if someone got access to your account and started spending like a thief, I'm sure you might appreciate such a feature. 

I always notify my bank when I'm headed out of the country so they know to allow overseas transactions and I usually call them if I need to make a larger purchase using my card. 

I was with first union way back in '99 until they became wells fargo and they treated me like I didn't matter when I requested they waive a deposit fee because I didn't make enough to not trigger a $10 fee.. so I sayonara'd outta there to a local credit union and been happy since.

I actually reduced mine to $300. I know how much I generally spend on average, and anything over that amount is going to be a large purchase so I know to call ahead of time to up my limit for the day. With access to credit card info so easy to obtain, keeping a tight reign on your spending limit is not a bad thing. 

Archived