• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 4-0 against top 5 defenses in the league.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, tarheels said:

WHAT Does My Choice of avatar  have to do with anything?

So, I say something you disagree with and don't understand, therefore it needs to be classified as trolling or a negative?

I've said very basic logical things.

But because they don't praise and worship your favorite team,you have a problem with it. Did you not notice my favorable Cam comments about his celebrating? You ignore that I was helpful to you looking for super bowl patches?

It's just sports talk. Absolutely nothing to make a big deal about unless I insult you etc.

So, you call yourself Tar Heels, which is actually two words, btw, and claim to be a randum NFL fan from the west coast with no particular interest in any particular team, have a Ricky Proehl avatar, and you're on a Carolina Panthers message board explaining to us about our team like we're dull children, and you don't understand why people are getting a little annoyed with you? Are you really that dense?

12 minutes ago, heelinfine said:

Yeah the Browns and Raiders were real powehouses this season.

The Raiders were In fact better competition  than the teams the Panthers had in the nfc south.

The Ravens almost beat the Cards on a final play. That doesn't make the Cards look to good either and they were a second seed.

The entire league this year was weak due to injuries so that makes the Panthers dominance  look deceiving as well.

12 minutes ago, tarheels said:

WHAT Does My Choice of avatar  have to do with anything?

So, I say something you disagree with and don't understand, therefore it needs to be classified as trolling or a negative?

I've said very basic logical things.

But because they don't praise and worship your favorite team,you have a problem with it. Did you not notice my favorable Cam comments about his celebrating? You ignore that I was helpful to you looking for super bowl patches?

It's just sports talk. Absolutely nothing to make a big deal about unless I insult you etc.

Nobody cares or wants you to praise or worship the Panthers. We don't need your validation.

When you make post disparaging Newtons abilities by comparing Newton to Bridgewater, you should expect some blow back.

9 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Perception-those games were close because Denver's offense is average, at best, so they have had to rely on defense all season.

Fact. Which still leads to my question for Broncos fans: If your defense is #1 - a "shutdown" - defense, how are the games close? How did the opposing teams score so much?

9 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

So, you call yourself Tar Heels, which is actually two words, btw, and claim to be a randum NFL fan from the west coast with no particular interest in any particular team, have a Ricky Proehl avatar, and you're on a Carolina Panthers message board explaining to us about our team like we're dull children, and you don't understand why people are getting a little annoyed with you? Are you really that dense?

Lol at critiquing how I choose to type a forum/avatar name. I always do that for forums so I don't have to remember if I spaced anything.

I didn't tell you you needed to agree with me. Saying stuff you don't agree with,believe or understand doesn't make me wrong or bad.

Dull children? You are putting a negative emotion behind my words that I haven't implied in the slightest. I haven't said anything negative or personal about anyone. 

18 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Fact. Which still leads to my question for Broncos fans: If your defense is #1 - a "shutdown" - defense, how are the games close? How did the opposing teams score so much?

I think it would be a little disingenuous to expect a defense to completely shut down an offense. Plus, when you had Peyton dropping back and throwing an interception twice a game deep your own territory, it creates extra work for the defense. The opponent has shorter fields to work with. Nevermind the fact they stay on the field longer when the less than average offense is constantly going 3 & out.

All that said, this is going to be a tough game for my Broncos. I've watched Cam grow into an incredible player from Auburn until now.

While some Broncos fans may be overlooking the Panthers, i doubt the team is.

49 minutes ago, 15 said:

Most people would look at your avatar and think that you're a Panthers fan. Your posts scream Denver fan. But you define yourself as a general fan of the NFL. It's very confusing to converse with you.

That and the fact that you do things like compare teams to previous teams based off of their regular season record and make injury excuses. It's all BS. Like I said, you aren't doing anything wrong or offensive, but you're the kind of person I hate talking football with and refuse to waste my time doing so. 

I told you I was a Rams fan as a kid so I creatively picked Proehl !

These avatars are too small to matter anyway.

Your posts scream Denver fan

no, they scream theres only 2 teams left to talk about. They are the team playing the Panthers in the SB.

therefore thats who I talk about.

teams with injured starters do in fact become weaker teams. Thats not an excuse,its a logical sports fact.

of course you compare teams based on what they did in regular season,thats how they got to this point by playing those games. So,you use that data to evaluate the future.

you say I dont know anything and yet all you are doing  is saying that because the Panthers are 15 and 1 and scored many points therefore they must be the superior team.

what were the Patriots records when they lost to the Giants twice in the SB? what were the Giants records when they beat them? the perceived superior team lost those games.

27 minutes ago, Swaiy said:

I think it would be a little disingenuous to expect a defense to completely shut down an offense. Plus, when you had Peyton dropping back and throwing an interception twice a game deep your own territory, it creates extra work for the defense. The opponent has shorter fields to work with. Nevermind the fact they stay on the field longer when the less than average offense is constantly going 3 & out.

All that said, this is going to be a tough game for my Broncos. I've watched Cam grow into an incredible player from Auburn until now.

While some Broncos fans may be overlooking the Panthers, i doubt the team is.

There is 0% chance that the coaches or players from either team are overlooking their  Super Bowl counterparts.  

51 minutes ago, tarheels said:

Lol at critiquing how I choose to type a forum/avatar name. I always do that for forums so I don't have to remember if I spaced anything.

I didn't tell you you needed to agree with me. Saying stuff you don't agree with,believe or understand doesn't make me wrong or bad.

Dull children? You are putting a negative emotion behind my words that I haven't implied in the slightest. I haven't said anything negative or personal about anyone. 

My advice to you is to stay on the general NFL forums. It will not end well for you here, if you can't come up with better arguments than the strength of schedule Bull poo.

The Panthers are 17-1. There is a reason why so few teams have done what they have done so far. It is extremely hard to win that many games in the NFL, regardless of who you play. Everybody who knows NFL football knows that.

Archived