• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 4-0 against top 5 defenses in the league.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, d-dave said:

As long as we don't turn the ball over, we should be able to pound than into the ground. It's just a reality. We are the most physical team they've played thus far this season.

If we do give the ball away ,and we don't move the chains, it's going to be heartbreaking, that's for sure. Or if we play timid...

We went for a two point conversion after being up more than 20 points.  I'm pretty sure that was Rons way of saying we're running the regular offense no matter what's on the scoreboard.  Hopefully our days of playing timid after getting a lead are behind us.   

Denver will try to play smash mouth on offense and control the clock. But if they get behind they will have to throw more than they want.

I think we run for more yards then ever. Possibly a SB record. Cam, Stew and a combo of CAP, Fozzy and Tolbert rush for over 250.

I also think Cam doesn't throw it all over the yard. But he is very efficient and tosses 2 scores.

But our ground game shines.

13 minutes ago, cgarsmoker said:

The Texans, Seattle twice, and the Cardinals were in the top 5 before we blew them up for nearly 50 points.  

the Cardinals were missing Honey Badger and 2 other defensive starters in that playoff game.

they werent the top 5 defense they were in the season.

it was basically 11 on 8 in that game

8 minutes ago, tarheels said:

ANthe Cardinals were missing Honey Badger and 2 other defensive starters in that playoff game.

AND?????  Never mind the fact that we were missing our #1 WR ALL season, our starting DE (Allen) and our starting LB (Davis) and (Harper) missed a large part of the game because of injuries but we still kicked that ass, you don't hear us crying about do you?  

Excuses are for losers and you seem to have a ton of them so that says a lot about you, huh?  

2 minutes ago, cgarsmoker said:

AND?????  Never mind the fact that we were missing our #1 WR ALL season, our starting DE (Allen) and our starting LB (Davis) and (Harper) missed a large part of the game because of injuries but we still kicked that ass, you don't hear us crying about do you?  

Excuses are for losers and you seem to have a ton of them so that says a lot about you, huh?  

its a statistical fact,not an excuse. The Panthers faced a weak defense and capitalized.

thats not an insult,they won.

excuses? the players that got them to that position-Cardinals- werent there-therefore weaker-not a top 5 defense.

4 minutes ago, tarheels said:

its a statistical fact,not an excuse. The Panthers faced a weak defense and capitalized.

excuses? the players that got them to that position-Cardinals- werent there-therefore weaker-not a top 5 defense.

Ok so who was the the 5th ranked defense last week?  Yep it was the Cardinals.  Just saying they weren't doesn't make it true.  Were they missing players yep but so were we.....anything other than that is making excuses.  We were the 6th ranked defense and missing our starting DE didn't change the fact that we were 6th.  I give you effort for trying to spin things but it's still grasping at straws.  Statical rankings don't change because you're missing a player.  Try again Nancy. 

11 minutes ago, tarheels said:

Honey Badger is an elite player and I'm sure they were missing him, but I haven't heard anyone describe the Cardinals defense as a "weak" defense without him. 

4 hours ago, Toolbox said:

Other than miller and ware what do they really have?? honest question.

Talib and Harris were both pro bowl choices at corner. Roby is good and Ward is a do it all safety.  Them along with Ware and Miller is a dangerous combo.  

14 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

It's not going to be easy. Their #1 defense is leagues beyond the #2 defense (Seattle?)

Leagues beyond? I disagree. In the postseason, among teams that played 2 games, Seattle was tops in yards allowed (239). Denver was 7th (next to last) with 366 allowed, only beating out Arizona, who was last thanks to our offense.

During the regular season Denver was only 8.7 yds. per game better than Seattle, and the Seahawks were tops in points allowed.

3 hours ago, tarheels said:

It's not like we barely squeaked by a short handed Cardinals team, we could laid a 50 burger on them. I know the honey badger is a great player, but as far as I know he never played on the O line. So he wouldn't have stopped our front seven from wreak havoc and forcing turn overs. He probably would have helped Zonas D keep the score a little more respectable, but the Panthers still would have controlled the Cards. 

If our front four plays with the same fire, and our O line comes out against the Broncos with the same physicality as they did vs the Hawks and the Cards, they'll have this game wrapped up before the 3rd qtr is over.

Good grief. The Cardinals had the same damn players missing when they beat the Packers, and they played pretty darn good defense, aside from that hail mary that gave the Packers a chance.

All I heard from the NFL Network all week long, was how we would probably struggle against their secondary and their WR's...they were wrong.

4 hours ago, tarheels said:

the Cardinals were missing Honey Badger and 2 other defensive starters in that playoff game.

Dude, Carolina is starting 2 corners that were on the street 2 months ago, not backup, not practice squad, sitting on their freaking couchs. 

3 minutes ago, Ornias said:

Dude, Carolina is starting 2 corners that were on the street 2 months ago, not backup, not practice squad, sitting on their freaking couchs. 

which means that the Cardinals were worse than everyone realized.

if the Panthers can get that far with make-shift back up cornerbacks,that obviously means the NFC is the weaker conference this year.Think about it.

you cant spin that any other way. If You are starting people the league didnt care for in the first place there has to be a major weakness there and all around in the nfc

24 minutes ago, tarheels said:

which means that the Cardinals were worse than everyone realized.

if the Panthers can get that far with make-shift back up cornerbacks,that obviously means the NFC is the weaker conference this year.Think about it.

you cant spin that any other way. If You are starting people the league didnt care for in the first place there has to be a major weakness there and all around in the nfc

OMG!!! I sincerely hope your just trolling. Because if you really believe this poo your spewing, there is no hope in having an intelligent debate with you.

Archived