• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 4-0 against top 5 defenses in the league.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

The Hawks faced Teh Jimmeh... twice.

Styles make fights, and Denver's D is gonna give us fits.

i get that, but the Denver D got bullshit teams too, but the thing is the Seattle team has been #1 for 4 years running...they know a bit about being the best and have been consistent...

Remember nobody wants to face the Seahawks in the playoffs because they are so hot........then nobody wants to play the Cardinals because they are the most complete team in the NFL.  We all know how those games went when those two "feared teams" faced the true juggernaught of the NFL.  

Is it going to be a cakewalk?  Nope.  Can we hang with and beat ANY team in the league?  You bet your ass we can.  

I'm thinking (hoping?) that this will be like the Houston game, where both Remmers and Oher were able to neutralize the pass rush and give Cam time to find his receivers while we establish the running game. Remmers has had his lumps this year but he was fantastic on Sunday with a team high (tied with TD) +3.9 via PFF. If he gives us a similar performance in the SB, I like our chances.

I think the most important thing for our defense to focus on is tackling, and stopping the run.  Their receivers are very good and without the threat of Peyton going to "far" over the top their receivers will have to make people miss.  Thomas and sanders both are very good and their number 3s are very capable.  Also we can't allow Anderson or Hillman to have any running room because they rely on that running game heavy with how Peyton has aged recently. Pressure is very important as well because manning has the intelligence to put them in positions to win matchups but if we can get him off his spot it will be much tougher for their O to move the ball.  After being overlooked all season by our doubters we should know better than doing so against a formidable foe in the biggest game in our franchise history.  So let's be modest and let our play do the talking.

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

What is their offense going accomplish against our defense?

That's what I'm wondering as well.  I think we can score points on their defense...maybe not 40 but 20+.  Can they score 20+ on our defense?  They just have to be able to keep up with us because we're going to score.

As long as we don't turn the ball over, we should be able to pound than into the ground. It's just a reality. We are the most physical team they've played thus far this season.

If we do give the ball away ,and we don't move the chains, it's going to be heartbreaking, that's for sure. Or if we play timid...

Archived