• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 4-0 against top 5 defenses in the league.

Jeremy Igo

The only way Denver win's this game is if their offense straight out plays our defense.  I think our offense will be able to generate enough point's against them to be 24+.  I just can not see us letting them hold us to under 20 points on offense.....we are just too good.  With that said....if our defense somehow finds a way to crap the bed against their putrid offense and washed up QB, they could potentially win the game.  

We just absolutely destroyed the number 1 offense in the NFL and I see no reason we won't come out and do the same to "Dead Duck" and Company.  27 -  9 Panthers is my prediction.  

The Broncos beat Pittsburgh without Antonio Brown and Deangelo, and a roughed up Ben by 7.

The beat the Pats thanks to NE not having an OL, and the Broncos having what, 2 decent offensive drives all game?

Meanwhile, we steamrolled 2 of the top 4 teams in the league (IMO). 

I don't think we roll like some, but if we win the turnover battle and protect Cam even slightly?  Goodnight, Denver. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

The Broncos beat Pittsburgh without Antonio Brown and Deangelo, and a roughed up Ben by 7.

The beat the Pats thanks to NE not having an OL, and the Broncos having what, 2 decent offensive drives all game?

I don't think we roll like some, but if we win the turnover battle and protect Cam even slightly?  Goodnight, Denver. 

If Pittsburgh doesn't fumble the ball in the 4th quarter, they win that game.  Despite missing their top two RBs, and top WR.

If arrogant Belichick takes field goals in the 4th, they easily win that game.  Despite the missed XP, and the worst offensive line performance of any team, playoff or regular season, in the last TEN YEARS.  

The media isn't, or won't, talk about just how much Denver scraped by in their postseason wins.

4 hours ago, BelgianPantherFan said:

We struggled with 3-4 defenses the previous years due to bad OL play. Now... not so much.
Broncos won't be able to pressure Cam a great deal sending only 3 like they did with Brady. If they send more, they better know what they're doing, or Cam will run for 20yards.

I don't think they rush us with only four or three. I seen Cam throw a TD to Brown I think when there were 3 targets against 7 defenders. This I think was against the Giants. However, he does well against blitzes. QB rating over 100  when blitzed. You have to do a lot of things right to win. 

39 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Don't forget that NE had about 18 players on IR, including 6 starters. Two were starting offensive linemen who helped the team win a SB just last year. Another one was Dion Lewis, who was an incredibly dynamic player that really elevated that offense. Edelman wasn't at 100% either.

Every good team Denver has played this year has been decimated by injury. 

You look at the stats on the 2 defenses and they aren't that much better than our defense during the regular season and I could argue ours has been better in the post season despite playing better offenses.  

Offensively we are substantially better. Not even close. 

I understand any given Sunday anything can happen and it's a big stage so it's not a lay up. But we have consistently been a WAY better team than the Broncos this year. If the NFL playoffs were like the NBAs we'd definitely win the best of 7.

Simple and plain.  Denver's D is built to stop the Patriots.  A pocket QB who intends to throw all day. 

Wade Phillips has always been a great DC.  Very creative.  But his creative Ds have been suspect to one play....the old fashion right at you power run.  We have the most diverse power rush attack in the NFL.

and our one glaring weakness on D....basically to attack means Manning risk going full Jake Delhomme to try to attack.

46 minutes ago, Camvp said:

The media isn't, or won't, talk about just how much Denver scraped by in their postseason wins.

This is the NFL's peak.  Focus is all about interesting storylines and selling now.

Peyton has been horrific this year and Denver has to basically go out and try to not let him Delhomme games at this stage.  But for the most part the next 2 weeks will focus on his past and what that suggests he could do.  Not what this season shows he is now.

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Gettleman's philosophy is that defense wins championships I guess he'll get to see if it's true next Sunday when his team goes up against the #1 D in the league. 

"Defense wins championships" has already proven not to be the case. Good teams win championships, not individual units. Plus, this isn't the typical "best defense vs best offense" game. Carolina has a top notch defense as well.

Look no further than last year for the most recent example of a good offense overcoming a top defense in the SB.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Denver has not faced an offense like Carolina's all season long. 

The Panthers have faced offenses like the Broncos offense numerous time, only they don't have to worry about passes over 20 yards. 

This won't be a close game. 

Ummmm.. Zod?  ban stick!!!

3 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Let's not get cocky. That pass rush is still awesome and their secondary is better than Seattle's (this season anyway). They're number one for a reason. Let's not fall into a similar hole like our detractors did when they stated we never faced a Top Tier offense and/or defense. Denver has dominated with defense all season long. We haven't been as consistent.

Offensively, yes, they're mediocre, but this will be Manning's finale. I expect him to be on his A game. If we can't get pressure on him, he'll complete those short passes all the way down the field. Our run defense hasn't looked stellar this season either.

This WILL be a close game.

Denver is only #1 in yards...they are #4 in points allowed...Seattle was #1 in points allowed and #2 in yards...Hawks had the better defense

Archived