• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 4-0 against top 5 defenses in the league.

Jeremy Igo

Like mentioned earlier, they are not the #1 scoring defense. So, we could have an enormous amount of yards racked up against us yet have 2 or 3 turnovers and allow 6 points. lol! Scoring is what really matters. Not taking anything away, they will still be a tough defense. 

I think it comes down to their pass rush and, even more so, Cam protecting the ball. 

Panthers: 28

Broncos: 19

Denver's Defense is good but I think a lot of people are being prisoners of the moment because they just beat the Patriots. I don't agree with the assessment that this Denver's defense has been the best defense in the last decade or half-decade. The Seahawks Defense of 2013 rivaled the all-time greats. They allowed 14.4 points per game, 8th in sacks, and lead the league in turnovers by a wide margin. The Broncos might win this game, but as the OP indicates this will not be the first time that the Panthers offense has faced a top flight defense. 

This game will come down to Denvers Oline versus Panthers Dline. If Denvers oline defends well I see it being a close game. If Panthers dline gets to manning it will be a blow out. Considering Peyton cant really air it out I see alot of short passes nothing beyond 20yd. We went up against the 2nd best offense and best passing attack and dismantled them. Secondary will be fine as long as the pressure is there. Offensively for the Panthers, no turnovers. If we establish the run its game over. Its so hard to stop the panthers. Almost impossible. With the read option and the way they fake the handoff it holds the LB or draws them to the line of scrimmage leaves open gaps for receivers to run there routes. It freezes the LB and if the secondary is looking at the QB they hesitate as well and by that time the receivers are already in full stride. Its absolutely remarkable how well this works. Its like playing a mental game to stop them. It leaves defenses so confused the past two weeks weve seen defenses about fight themselves.

Not saying the Panthers won't need to bring their A game to win this match up with the Broncos, but Carolina has faced several teams that have very stout defenses accompanied by much better offenses than Denver's.

Broncos w/their stellar defense still managed to lose 25 percent of their games this year against teams less capable than the Panthers.

The Panthers are the most complete team Denver will have faced all season.  Carolina is also peaking at the right time, each game more complete and dominant than the last.  

Once the Broncos D has been on the field for an extended period of time because of their tepid offense, they will crumble and the contest will be over.

Ron won't be taking the foot off the accelerator pedal till the Panthers are hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.  

This game promises to be a blowout just like the last two playoff games and then some. 

Archived