• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 4-0 against top 5 defenses in the league.

Jeremy Igo

49 minutes ago, Broncos Girl said:

I feel like you're moving the sticks here. First, you say that Seattle's D this year is better than our's. Now, it's 2013 Seattle D is better than our's lol. I can't really argue about Seattle's 2013 D because they won the SB. Like I said, you earn respect w/that. I agree about the mismatch between our O & your D though.

How about we look at how the Panthers and Broncos have done against playoff teams by quarter. Here is the scoring margin for the Broncos.

7-2 record. Q1: -7 ; Q2: -3; Q3 +2; Q4: +24

Now the Panthers:

6-0 record. Q1: +21 ; Q2: -+89; Q3 +88; Q4: +88 

Well that saids a lot.

Let's look at turnover margin against playoff teams.

Broncos: -1

Panthers: +12

Not looking good for the Broncos.

Keys for Broncos: 1. Broncos can not turn the ball over. 2. Broncos defense must shut out the Panthers in the 1st half. 3. Broncos offense must have a fast start and get out to a quick lead.

Without accomplishing all 3 of those keys to the game the Broncos will not walk away with a win. Good luck on that trifecta.

It is not shocking to discover the success of the Broncos D has relied greatly on their ability to capitalize on all the weak teams on their schedule. Completely different story when they face playoff caliber teams. They struggle early and often against the better teams in the NFL. Even when those better teams are a shell of themselves.

On January 28, 2016 at 10:53 PM, tarheels said:

the only thing it suggests is I signed on that day. Again, no I am not any form of a so called Denver Fan.

I am only on team 'me' and I am only interested in being right.

Team "me" huh?  In other words, the Panthers already beat your ass this season so you come on the Huddle to try to convince Carolina fans that we are over rated and and not as good as you think we are.....blah, blah, blah.  LOL. When you're ashamed to reveal the team you root for, then you're basically loser with no team pride or loyalty.  You're pretty entertaining since you post from your own little warped perspective though.  Make me laugh fool......entertain my Huddle brethren.   Keep posting.   LOL 

On 1/27/2016 at 0:13 AM, cgarsmoker said:

AND?????  Never mind the fact that we were missing our #1 WR ALL season, our starting DE (Allen) and our starting LB (Davis) and (Harper) missed a large part of the game because of injuries but we still kicked that ass, you don't hear us crying about do you?  

Excuses are for losers and you seem to have a ton of them so that says a lot about you, huh?  

And don't forget, we were also without 2 of our 3 starting/top CBs, having lost Bene & Tillman... 

On 1/27/2016 at 6:45 PM, Broncos Girl said:

You guys haven't had such games though. You haven't turned the ball over 5 times & won, you haven't won a game w/o an offensive TD & you haven't won a game being down 2 tds in the 4th quarter. In OT, your D let em go down for 3 points right? We've won 3 OT games & none of the opposing offenses moved 1 yard against us. In fact, overall total was -20. So again, I respect your team & I appreciate your respect for mine. You may have the better team (we'll see) but, you're comparing apples to oranges on D, imo :).

The Panthers were down 23-14 in the fourth quarter against the Seahawks. They have been down by 9 in the 4th and come back and won, and down by 14 in the second half and come back and won.

Turning the ball over 5 times and winning is not a good stat. Jake Delhomme did that for us in the regular season against the Raiders. When he faced actual competition in Arizona, he got obliterated.

There is no question in the eyes of any fan that knows football that Carolina is the superior team. Your defense is better than ours, but only slightly. Our offense is a light-year ahead of yours.

If this game is played 10 times, Carolina wins 9 of them. Denver just has to hope this is game #10.

1 hour ago, Jase said:

The Broncos defense is built to play man defense. You can't play man defense against cam for long and get away with it, because nobody's watching the QB.

Oh my gosh, I so hope they man up on us.  We'll be seeing this all night long...

3uT2YrS.gif

6 hours ago, AceMan said:

I'm late to this party, but @tarheels is basically claiming even if we somehow beat the Broncos...this season doesn't really count because the whole league sucked?

Yep! Especially the NFC. He stopped saying his "wisdom" of watching the NFL for 35 years made him right. I shot that down. Now I just need everyone on the huddle to forget what I typed in that post. :P

7 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

How about we look at how the Panthers and Broncos have done against playoff teams by quarter. Here is the scoring margin for the Broncos.

7-2 record. Q1: -7 ; Q2: -3; Q3 +2; Q4: +24

Now the Panthers:

6-0 record. Q1: +21 ; Q2: -+89; Q3 +88; Q4: +88 

Well that saids a lot.

Let's look at turnover margin against playoff teams.

Broncos: -1

Panthers: +12

Not looking good for the Broncos.

Keys for Broncos: 1. Broncos can not turn the ball over. 2. Broncos defense must shut out the Panthers in the 1st half. 3. Broncos offense must have a fast start and get out to a quick lead.

Without accomplishing all 3 of those keys to the game the Broncos will not walk away with a win. Good luck on that trifecta.

It is not shocking to discover the success of the Broncos D has relied greatly on their ability to capitalize on all the weak teams on their schedule. Completely different story when they face playoff caliber teams. They struggle early and often against the better teams in the NFL. Even when those better teams are a shell of themselves.

That scoring margin. Where did you get that? The Panthers *overall* point different over the course of the whole year is +192. Your four quarters against six playoff teams would put us at +286. That doesn't make any sense at all. We didn't score 286 points in six games.

7 hours ago, Thanatos said:

That scoring margin. Where did you get that? The Panthers *overall* point different over the course of the whole year is +192. Your four quarters against six playoff teams would put us at +286. That doesn't make any sense at all. We didn't score 286 points in six games.

Do not add up margins. Margins increase and decrease based on both the offensive and defensive point production between two teams at a given time throughout a game.

Take the total points scored in a quarter and subtract that from the total points scored by the opposing team(s). Against the 6 playoff teams the Panthers have a running total score by quarter of 48 - 130 - 167 - 212. Their opponents in the 6 games have a running total score by quarter of 27 - 41 - 79 - 124. The difference between these scores is the margin.

The +192 you are referring to is the point differential over the first 16 games. Over 18 games they have increased that to +233.

It is possible for a team to have a higher margin earlier in games and have it decrease after the 4th quarter. The Panthers had a higher margin after the 3rd quarter of +196 over their first over their first 16 games compared to the margin after 4 quarters. Using the first 16 games of the season the Panthers margin after the 1st quarter is +29; after the 2nd quarter it is +145. So, you can see they trend upwards as the game goes on with a substantial increase and they level off in the 4th quarter over their first 16 games.

15 hours ago, Thanatos said:

The Panthers were down 23-14 in the fourth quarter against the Seahawks. They have been down by 9 in the 4th and come back and won, and down by 14 in the second half and come back and won.

Turning the ball over 5 times and winning is not a good stat. Jake Delhomme did that for us in the regular season against the Raiders. When he faced actual competition in Arizona, he got obliterated.

There is no question in the eyes of any fan that knows football that Carolina is the superior team. Your defense is better than ours, but only slightly. Our offense is a light-year ahead of yours.

If this game is played 10 times, Carolina wins 9 of them. Denver just has to hope this is game #10.

Yeah I wasn't trying to imply that turning the ball over 5 times was good. I was just giving an example of what our D had to do this year. It's funny; Pats fans said the same 9 out of 10 times thing to us as well. We've heard all year that we don't stand a chance. I still believe in my team though. Cam is probably the hardest qb to plan against but, Peyton is no joke either. He looks more comfortable running Kubes' offense now. Plus, he's got his old hurry up offense in his back pocket. He has still looked pretty masterful the few times he's used it this season. 

57 minutes ago, Broncos Girl said:

Yeah I wasn't trying to imply that turning the ball over 5 times was good. I was just giving an example of what our D had to do this year. It's funny; Pats fans said the same 9 out of 10 times thing to us as well. We've heard all year that we don't stand a chance. I still believe in my team though. Cam is probably the hardest qb to plan against but, Peyton is no joke either. He looks more comfortable running Kubes' offense now. Plus, he's got his old hurry up offense in his back pocket. He has still looked pretty masterful the few times he's used it this season. 

Your team has always been better than the Pats but you have yet too see what we can do.  You give us 3 turnovers and the game is over.  

On 1/30/2016 at 9:46 AM, Broncos Girl said:

Masterful? Peyton is still throwing ducks. We aren't going to let Owen Daniels run wide open down the middle of the field for Peyton to be able to hit. He's going to have to throw it into tight windows, and I just don't think he has it anymore. That "deep" pass to Sanders last week where Sanders has to literally reach up and over the CB's head to grab the pass- that's the kind of thing I'm seeing. Peyton completely whiffing on a wide open receiver that would have iced the game in the 4th and made it 24-12, forcing Denver to settle for a FG.

Carolina was told at the beginning of the year that they would only win 7-8 games. Your team has definitely been underappreciated, not saying that. Denver is a fantastic team, I just don't see the matchups working out for them to keep this game close enough to be a one-score game in the 4th.

Plus, Peyton's main advantage right now is his mind. I think Luke will be more than capable of matching him move for move in that category.

Archived