• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 4-0 against top 5 defenses in the league.

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, tarheels said:

of course my age has everything to do with it. I have wisdom and life experience and the ability to evaluate the history of what I've seen. It has nothing to with arrogance. You dont have to like or believe or understand anything I say for it to be right and/or true.

You're 1yr older than me and you do not impress me in the slightest.

Just for the record. One thing outsiders don't know about is that the 2015 Panthers are a team in every sense of the word. These guys love each other and will give everything they have for each other. You can't buy that, you can't teach that, and you can't quantify that with stats. You also can't beat it.

2 minutes ago, tarheels said:

of course my age has everything to do with it. I have wisdom and life experience and the ability to evaluate the history of what I've seen. It has nothing to with arrogance. You dont have to like or believe or understand anything I say for it to be right and/or true.

I can only laugh at you, sir. I beat you with over 15 years more of watching NFL football. So, by your twisted logic, I have much more "wisdom and life experience and the ability to evaluate the history of what I've seen" than you will ever have. I, however, am not arrogant enough to ever think that age is the be-all. Your age has nothing to do with anything. Why do you think I've been chasing you around this board? Because you have shown yourself to be a fool & now you have finally admitted it.

6 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Good, people have been picking against us all season long. Your reasoning for doing so is idiotic though.

Strength of schedule is irrelevant.

Super Bowl experience is irrelevant, especially when the experience is getting smoked by an NFC team that the Panthers just beat twice.

Whether or not you think the AFC was tougher this year is irrelevant, not to mention  that it's only your opinion and not a fact

. The fact is that the Panthers are good on both sides of the ball and Denver is good on one side of the ball. I would take the Panthers defense  against anybody right now and none of your flawed reasoning is going to change my mind.

people have picked against Denver all year too.

Strength of schedule is valid and not irrelevant otherwise wild card teams with poorer records would always win championships.

Super Bowl experience is not irrelevant. Being familiar with something or a situation or surrounding is always more beneficial than not having expeerienced it before. It doesnt work out all the time but its still better than not knowing.

no one said the Panthers werent good.Denver is good too or they wouldnt be there

15 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I love how nobody is talking about our defense. OMG WE BLEW LEADS. 

IKR, I dont see us blowing leads yea they may have come back but when you play conservative sometimes that happens. We always know when to pick up the offense and win the game. But when we put our foot on the gas and keep it going people get butt hurt about us running up the score. Then calling us classless. After that game I wish Josh Norman would have brought out the bat and said "Are you not entertained!"

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Fact. Which still leads to my question for Broncos fans: If your defense is #1 - a "shutdown" - defense, how are the games close? How did the opposing teams score so much?

Well, I think I answered this before with how bad Peyton was playing in the beginning. If you don't see how 17 ints impact your ppg then, I don't know what to tell you. Also, down the stretch we had quite a few impact players on D miss games due to injury. We literally had to play 2 safeties off the street. Still, our D has been in the top of the league in all possible categories. In the last game of the season, we had the opportunity to be 1st in yards, pass, run, sacks & ppg. But unfortunately, the O decided to turn the ball over 5 times. So obviously, it was nice to just get the win in that situation lol.

7 minutes ago, tarheels said:

people have picked against Denver all year too.

Strength of schedule is valid and not irrelevant otherwise wild card teams with poorer records would always win championships.

Super Bowl experience is not irrelevant. Being familiar with something or a situation or surrounding is always more beneficial than not having expeerienced it before. It doesnt work out all the time but its still better than not knowing.

no one said the Panthers werent good.Denver is good too or they wouldnt be there

We have people with Super Bowl experience too, including the guy in your avatar, who is currently our WR coach. He and Rivera have been and they both have rings to prove it. Experience will be a non factor. It's football.

Wild card teams have definitely won a few Super Bowls in the last 15 years or so. Why? Because they peaked at the right time, not because of strength of schedule or Super Bowl experience. 

4 minutes ago, Broncos Girl said:

Well, I think I answered this before with how bad Peyton was playing in the beginning. If you don't see how 17 ints impact your ppg then, I don't know what to tell you. Also, down the stretch we had quite a few impact players on D miss games due to injury. We literally had to play 2 safeties off the street. Still, our D has been in the top of the league in all possible categories. In the last game of the season, we had the opportunity to be 1st in yards, pass, run, sacks & ppg. But unfortunately, the O decided to turn the ball over 5 times. So obviously, it was nice to just get the win in that situation lol.

Wait a minute, you played two DB's off the street and that doesn't mean the AFC sucked? You need to have a conversation with this fake tarheels asshole.

This "SB experience" nonsense just gets funnier the more I hear it.

These guys are acting like their team is the Patriots or the Seahawks - two teams for which you could make an argument for having an advantage when it comes to "SB experience." NE won it last year and their QB & head coach have won 4 together and have been to 6. Seattle has been to 2 consecutive SBs and actually won one in  a blow out (over Denver no less.)

Guess which team Carolina beat a couple of weeks ago on their road to SB50? Hint: it's one of the aforementioned teams with SB experience.

Denver has no significant advantage in that department. It's laughable for anyone to claim otherwise.

LOL Broncos fans.

6 minutes ago, Broncos Girl said:

I've seen lots of people talk about your D & how we have no shot essentially. I mean, that's why ya'll are favored to win the game lol. But, it rubs you raw if we're given any lil bit of credit for our D.

You misunderstood my post. It was directed at the troll in this thread who claims that the NFC is inferior to the AFC because the Panthers signed Finnegan and McClain off the streets and still beat NFC teams, not you.

Believe me, we know darn well how good your defense is, we just believe we're a tad better because we have an offense to go with our defense.

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

You misunderstood my post. It was directed at the troll in this thread who claims that the NFC is inferior to the AFC because the Panthers signed Finnegan and McClain off the streets and still beat NFC teams, not you.

Believe me, we know darn well how good your defense is, we just believe we're a tad better because we have an offense to go with our defense. We shall see though.

Oops, I screwed up. Sorry.

16 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

We have people with Super Bowl experience too, including the guy in your avatar, who is currently our WR coach. He and Rivera have been and they both have rings to prove it. Experience will be a non factor. It's football.

Wild card teams have definitely won a few Super Bowls in the last 15 years or so. Why? Because they peaked at the right time, not because of strength of schedule or Super Bowl experience. 

I only count active players when it comes to so called super bowl experience.

Archived