• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where does Carson Palmer rank in QBs the Panthers have faced this season?

Jeremy Igo

Arizona isn't a ball control offense. Palmer is not going to kill us with 2 and 3 step drops and chew up the clock. He is going to try to find guys down field,  but I think that is where guys like Kuechly, Davis, and Coleman can make him pay. Our defense is excellent at disguising coverage's in their zone. Palmer might think Fitzgerald has flashed open, only to find the ball getting picked off and taken in for 6 points by our D. I am more scared of a fast timing QB like Brady, or a guy that can scramble around like Wilson and make a miracle throw down the sideline. Palmer is neither of those. I think our defense is going to win this game. No one has even mentioned how good KK Short and Star have played. They are going to blow Palmer up, he isn't going to have time to scan the field for a bunch of big plays.

2 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

McCown's success was a product of his system and of us not having any tape on him. We have plenty of tape on Palmer this year, though Palmer's success is also clearly due to the system he's in too

And the only reason the Sehawks scored 24 unanswered points was because we "played safe". 

When it comes down to it we haven't stopped many, if any competent offenses. The defense is just too easily exploited. Outside of turnovers we're probably not going to stop the Cards. 

He's the best we've faced this season. That theory works best for me, win or lose. 

That said, it's hard to compare a guy like Palmer, who has good players supporting him, to a QB like Brees, who doesn't have the other necessary parts that make up a good team.

10 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

And the only reason the Sehawks scored 24 unanswered points was because we "played safe". 

When it comes down to it we haven't stopped many, if any competent offenses. The defense is just too easily exploited. Outside of turnovers we're probably not going to stop the Cards. 

I don't disagree with you, but I actually firmly believe that we started playing safe in each and every one of our blown-lead games. I think if we start out like we did against the Hawks, but don't stop trying to score points, I don't think the Cardinals would catch up. 

The key is that we can't play protect defense OR offense. We need to drive the ball on offense and ball-hawk/pressure relentlessly on defense. Soft defense = we aren't protecting a lead. Soft offense = we aren't building a lead (against an offense that can reeeeaaally score points).

Archived