• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where does Carson Palmer rank in QBs the Panthers have faced this season?

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Palmer is Matt Ryan with better receivers.  A career filled with underachieving and big game chokes, that's Matt Ryan.  I don't see how anyone is worried about this loser coming on the road and winning a conference title game.

You do remember who the qb was for the ONE team that managed to beat us this season right?? Replay that game in your mind, that's how we could lose. This isn't a choking atl team either. Arizona has been the team everyone thought was better than us all season and they have made it this far for a reason. Sunday will truly be a match up of the 2 BEST teams in the NFC and maybe all of the NFL. Now is definitely not the time to be cocky or over confident. 

Just now, MountainHeel66 said:

You do remember who the qb was for the ONE team that managed to beat us this season right?? Replay that game in your mind, that's how we could lose. This isn't a choking atl team either. Arizona has been the team everyone thought was better than us all season and they have made it this far for a reason. Sunday will truly be a match up of the 2 BEST teams in the NFC and maybe all of the NFL. Now is definitely not the time to be cocky or over confident. 

I did replay it.  We didn't practice outside all week because of weather and Christmas.  The Falcons played out of their minds and won on a fluke hail mary play.  I'll take my chances on that type of game not occurring again.  

Testosterone on a message board does not win any game

AZ is a good team, we are a good team.  We are at home and just a touch better.  Not playing the Tennessee Titans here but a team that is good.  If we establish the run, don't turn the ball over, and pressure Palmer consistently, we will prevail.  If not, then it could be a rough day, no matter how much testosterone we exhibit on a message board

I said it a while back, Cason is an average QB by NFL standards.  There's a reason why he moved around the NFL so much, hasn't been to a pro bowl in a decade, and threw 22 picks just 2 seasons ago.  Now with that said, What he is a QB that does exactly what Bruce Arians asks out of a QB in that offense, and that is stand in the pocket, and air the ball out down the field.  Palmer is better pushing the ball down the field than he is on the short or intermediate routes, and he and Cam newton do have something in common in that neither are what you would consider "timing" QBs.  He is gonna scan the field and see when someone comes open to make the read, so this will be big on our front 7 to get to him and get to him often.  Conversely, In the past, we've been burned by QB's like Andy Dalton and Tom Brady who can do a three step drop and fire to a timed spot (thus neutralizing our pass rush), but Carson will hold onto the ball long enough for us to get to him if we're doing our jobs.  I know Carson had a career year, he's not a bad QB, but his MVP year and numbers IMO have more to do with the weapons and the style of offense rather than the individual talent possessed, and because of that I'd place him behind Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Wilson, and Luck with him being about even with Ryan and Romo

Palmer is not capable of putting a team on his back like Rogers or Brees. He needs an excellent support system like he has this year to be successful. This is why he is having a "breakout" year his 12th season in the league . give him average weapons and he is an average qb . 

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Testosterone on a message board does not win any game

AZ is a good team, we are a good team.  We are at home and just a touch better.  Not playing the Tennessee Titans here but a team that is good.  If we establish the run, don't turn the ball over, and pressure Palmer consistently, we will prevail.  If not, then it could be a rough day, no matter how much testosterone we exhibit on a message board

It also doesn't lose any games either. It's irrelevant. If you think we dominate then say it. I do. Doesn't mean it happens or affects anything.

I say we get turnovers, AZ aggressiveness burns them and we win big again. 10 points or more.

As for the OP, I think Matt Ryan is a good comparison. Talented QB who can hurt you but not a world beater and will make mistakes when pressured.

2 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

It's more about the skill players and coaching. McCown tore us a new one. Palmer can too. 

McCown's success was a product of his system and of us not having any tape on him. We have plenty of tape on Palmer this year, though Palmer's success is also clearly due to the system he's in too

Archived