• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where does Carson Palmer rank in QBs the Panthers have faced this season?

Jeremy Igo

Looking at career or this year? He is having a career-best year, but I think if you look at those we've faced this year, I wouldn't mark him in the top three.

I'd rank them: Brees, Rogers, Luck, Eli Manning (hard to argue with the Super Bowl rings), Wilson, Ryan, Palmer, Bradford, Romo...

Both Winston and Mariota have the opportunity to really zoom up there, but they're rookies so it's not really fair to judge them in the crowd. Bortles is on his way up as well. We'll leave Cousins, McCown and Mallet in the unranked category.

I just don't see him as being the big QB threat they are making him out to be. He's good, he's experienced and he's been coached to play his best. I just don't see him as elite, but more of a benchmark QB, i.e. if your QB is at Palmer level and above, you've got a good starting QB. Below Palmer on the list, you aren't going to be competitive week in and week out.

16 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Looking at career or this year? He is having a career-best year, but I think if you look at those we've faced this year, I wouldn't mark him in the top three.

I'd rank them: Brees, Rogers, Luck, Eli Manning (hard to argue with the Super Bowl rings), Wilson, Ryan, Palmer, Bradford, Romo...

Both Winston and Mariota have the opportunity to really zoom up there, but they're rookies so it's not really fair to judge them in the crowd. Bortles is on his way up as well. We'll leave Cousins, McCown and Mallet in the unranked category.

I just don't see him as being the big QB threat they are making him out to be. He's good, he's experienced and he's been coached to play his best. I just don't see him as elite, but more of a benchmark QB, i.e. if your QB is at Palmer level and above, you've got a good starting QB. Below Palmer on the list, you aren't going to be competitive week in and week out.

Did you seriously say Bradford?

4 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Palmer is Matt Ryan with better receivers.  A career filled with underachieving and big game chokes, that's Matt Ryan.  I don't see how anyone is worried about this loser coming on the road and winning a conference title game.

good comparison

Archived