• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*Men Only* Wimmins stay out of this thread. A Medical ?

TheSaint

my guess would be to actually feel around..maybe something that a blood test can't pick up on...hell I don't know...I sometimes wish Dr. House was real

seriously...do two shot of tequila back to back...then go in...it'll be over in no time

My Dr. discourages drinking.

How often are you getting the one finger wave?

As with any lab test, there can be errors with the PSA. Nothing can completely take the place of physical observation. It's better to have both, so all the bases are covered.

I am not sure if non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate can be detected by the PSA. EOP can cause other issues besides cancer. Also, the Dr. is usually not just checking your prostate, but also feeling for tumors outside of the prostate and in the R, too.

If it means early cancer detection and less treatment required, then the little bit of discomfort from the DRE would be worth it IMO.

Child Please....

Look, i dont need you tellin me, "I get a doctors finger up my ass twice a year, so shut up and tough it out" or whatever it is....i have one of those at home.

Don't let her get to you....TW has had so many fingers up her ass that a doctor could do a visual with his hands tied behind his back. :angelsad2:

Archived