• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the NFL championship preview

CelibatePimp

8 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Arizona away games:

Bears; Lions; Browns; Rams; Eagles (Blow out victories) Not comparable to Panthers.

Seahawks; 49ers; Steelers (Struggled to pull out 2 wins. Lost 1. - Blaine Gabbert and Landry Jones were the QBs) Could not pass on Steelers or 49ers in wet conditions with soft grass turf. Loose/wet grass turf limits a lot of the Cardinals timing patters, sharp cuts in routes, and deep speed. Closer comparison to Panthers.

Tired of all this track meet talk and how explosive they are in games. They are explosive against the bad teams. They are mediocre against the good teams. The Cardinals have done nothing on offense in their last two games. What I have seen watching their games is a team that makes a lot of mistakes on offense and does not tackle well.

34-13 Panthers

That's what I have been saying. Lost to a Landry Jones led Steeler team and to the Rams. Your analysis is better than the crap inside the NFL did. Again, many think we will lose...wouldn't have it any other way.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

That's what I have been saying. Lost to a Landry Jones led Steeler team and to the Rams. Your analysis is better than the crap inside the NFL did. Again, many think we will lose...wouldn't have it any other way.

Here is a "what if" thought. What if the Seahawks pulled out a victory with the onside kick remaining the 'the team of destiny'. Do you think they would be picking the Cardinals or Seahawks? I believe the narrative would be that the Cardinals have been struggling as of late and have been dominated by the Seahawks for 7 of the 8 quarters that they have played this season. Carson Palmer continues to struggle. Palmer will not get away with the errant throws against the Seahawks. I doubt you would hear anything about the Cardinals being the best team in the NFC. It would be about the defending Super Bowl champions getting back to the game.

Instead, we continue to hear that the Panthers will be exploited in their secondary as demonstrated by the prevent defense if the moons align and the Panthers front 7 fails to make an impact in the game. smh

33 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Here is a "what if" thought. What if the Seahawks pulled out a victory with the onside kick remaining the 'the team of destiny'. Do you think they would be picking the Cardinals or Seahawks? I believe the narrative would be that the Cardinals have been struggling as of late and have been dominated by the Seahawks for 7 of the 8 quarters that they have played this season. Carson Palmer continues to struggle. Palmer will not get away with the errant throws against the Seahawks. I doubt you would hear anything about the Cardinals being the best team in the NFC. It would be about the defending Super Bowl champions getting back to the game.

Instead, we continue to hear that the Panthers will be exploited in their secondary as demonstrated by the prevent defense if the moons align and the Panthers front 7 fails to make an impact in the game. smh

As I said earlier: In fairness, most "analyst (take that word as you wish)" I've seen picked the Panthers.

However, you're right about how they cover different teams (though Seattle doe's have a better pure secondary than the Panthers now).

These guys on Inside The NFL, were just lazy as hell IMO.

Its funny how they always bring up that we have given up big leads, which we need to fix, but ignore the fact that we are able to get up big against most of these "elite" teams. And while we have let them come back, we won every single one of those games.

Yet another week yet another team of "destiny" that is gonna win it all. My take on it is that Palmer has one playoff win in how many attempts? How many think the game will be too fast for him on Sunday like it was this past Saturday? We may be slightly favored by Vegas and everyone still picks us to lose(again). I think now more than ever we need to put our foot on the gas and dont let off. If that means possibly running up the score then lets do just that fug it(no mercy). Our only real weakness is the secondary which is negated if we get pressure early and often (if it doesnt we could be looking at 2013 first game repeat). One thing to note is that the cardinals are playing outside on grass in the cold across the country.  They got to play us and we know our time is now and we just need to go take it because its ours to lose. My only real concern outside the secondary is half time adjustments. Cardinals do make very good half time adjustments.  

12 minutes ago, gtanaka said:

Its funny how they always bring up that we have given up big leads, which we need to fix, but ignore the fact that we are able to get up big against most of these "elite" teams. And while we have let them come back, we won every single one of those games.

And lead in scoring differential by several TD's over (cough cough) the Cardinals.

10 hours ago, gtanaka said:

Exactly.

To give up a big lead several times in the second half, one must attain a big lead in the first half.

I would much rather be dealing with the issue of how to defend a big lead than not having a big lead to manage.

So, if someone takes the argument of the Panthers have shown they cannot maintain a big lead early in the game, then they must also take the argument that they will attain a big lead on the Cardinals in the first half.

That leads to the question of how will a team like the Cardinals respond when trailing by at least 20 points at the half?

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Exactly.

To give up a big lead several times in the second half, one must attain a big lead in the first half.

I would much rather be dealing with the issue of how to defend a big lead than not having a big lead to manage.

So, if someone takes the argument of the Panthers have shown they cannot maintain a big lead early in the game, then they must also take the argument that they will attain a big lead on the Cardinals in the first half.

That leads to the question of how will a team like the Cardinals respond when trailing by at least 20 points at the half?

More over, if we had a problem holding on to leads, we would have lost some of those games. in all four games Boomer lists we still end up winning those games. and only one game that got pushed into OT in the colts games. I could see their point if we were the 2011/2012 panthers but we have learned how to win the close ones. I have a feeling the team likes and feels more comfortable playing close than with a huge lead

Archived