• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unofficial - Enemy Fan Forums - Arizona Cardinals

Newtcase

This kind of game is not about trying to play great pass defense and staying back in coverage. Nope. This game is about hitting Palmer the maximum number of times possible even if he get's some completions out of it. You blitz him and put the fear of god into him. This is a "break the QB" game. He can't escape. He can't take the hits and think clearly. You put him in a state of terror, and the game is over. You keep hitting him and slamming him until he reaches the breaking point. We're certainly going to break him. McD knows what he's doing. He has a blitz crazy background. Palmer is dead meat. Send TD, send the damn house.

B3DzsgACQAAjGwQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Freeny still has some bursts but I imagine he can be worn down throughout the game. We need a couple 10-15 play drives in the first have to serve as some body blows against that defense and finish them off in the second half with a couple big plays.

I still have devastating memories of the 2013 game where they blitzed the shid out of us up the middle and we couldn't make the adjustments. Saw that again in the Titans game this year but at least we did make the adjustment but they aren't the Cards either.

Look for the defense to make a play to give us a spark as well.

Hell we saw protection issues in the Atlanta loss this season as well. You don't have to go back far at all to see that. But we mostly have excellent pass protection. Our guys, led by one of the smartest linemen in the NFL, Kalil, have been on point the vast majority of the time. And Cam is one of the greatest scrambling, punk shaking QBs of all time. I like our odds.

4 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Freeny still has some bursts but I imagine he can be worn down throughout the game. We need a couple 10-15 play drives in the first have to serve as some body blows against that defense and finish them off in the second half with a couple big plays.

I still have devastating memories of the 2013 game where they blitzed the shid out of us up the middle and we couldn't make the adjustments. Saw that again in the Titans game this year but at least we did make the adjustment but they aren't the Cards either.

Look for the defense to make a play to give us a spark as well.

That 2013 game killed me, I thought for sure Rivera was gone. I wanted us to keep him longer but all the reports were coming in that he was going to be fired that Monday. Then we became the best team in the league down the stretch and got fuged by the refs and a lack of playoff experience for most of our guys. Biggest difference from that Cardinals game to now? Todd Bowles. That man's blitzing is fuging best in the league bar none. They don't have him any more so their blitzes aren't as intriquite and effective. I think we're going to be able to run all over them and control the game the way we want to.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

That 2013 game killed me, I thought for sure Rivera was gone. I wanted us to keep him longer but all the reports were coming in that he was going to be fired that Monday. Then we became the best team in the league down the stretch and got fuged by the refs and a lack of playoff experience for most of our guys. Biggest difference from that Cardinals game to now? Todd Bowles. That man's blitzing is fuging best in the league bar none. They don't have him any more so their blitzes aren't as intriquite and effective. I think we're going to be able to run all over them and control the game the way we want to.

Cam's gonna have to get the ball out of his hands quick and make the right reads. Their blitz, even without bowls, is legit. And can get a qb rattled. I also think they play freeney more in the 4th quarter for fresh legs but I could be wrong. 

That said, cam has been a beast on blitzes. He's consistently making the right reads and getting the ball out quick. I think he has something like 16 or 18 against the blitz (that may include runs) which leads the NFL.  I'm not overly concerned but it's something to watch.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Bowles and Darryl Washington. I think they still had Dockett in that game when he was still good. We moved the ball on them, but if it weren't for what we saw this year in Tennessee, I would say we have moved on from that. I'm not so worried about the outside rush because Cam is now a guy who steps up to avoid it, but that pressure up the middle is what concerns me as we have seem him take a few 10+ yard loss sacks. I know we are better today, and can make the adjustments, but it could still be a problem on Sunday. Our offense is 10 x's what it was in 2013 though.

What is scary is not getting to Palmer. We have had stretches this season with zero pressure and have had to use a lot of blitzes to try and compensate. We've been ate up. 

But, said earlier in the later part of the season that playoff football is different. People give something extra and we saw that this past Sunday. We destroyed seattles o line on a consistent basis. If we don't do the same to the cardinals it's gonna be a scary game to watch because Palmer can feast with time for big downfield plays against our banged up secondary.

I think it's hilarious that everyone here still thinks this is funny.

You don't think Cardinals fans are saying the same thing we're saying about getting pressure on Palmer and not allowing their speedy WRs time to get open?

I'm sure they hear that every week from opposing fans, but they've still only lost twice.

Stopping Cam and bracketing Olsen really is the best way to beat the Panthers, but just because that's true doesn't mean teams can easily do it, and even if they can, we can still beat teams in other ways.

Just like if we pressure Palmer and limit the time for their WRs to get open doesn't guarantee we'll beat them this weekend, but it's still the best way to attack them.

15 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Hell we saw protection issues in the Atlanta loss this season as well. You don't have to go back far at all to see that. But we mostly have excellent pass protection. Our guys, led by one of the smartest linemen in the NFL, Kalil, have been on point the vast majority of the time. And Cam is one of the greatest scrambling, punk shaking QBs of all time. I like our odds.

I was more concerned with the type of protection issues we faced in that particular game since we play them again and they run pretty much the same scheme with a different coordinator. That was blitzing MLBrs while using stunts to confuse our protection, similar to what we saw for almost a full quarter at Tennessee before we adjusted.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think it's hilarious that everyone here still thinks this is funny.

You don't think Cardinals fans are saying the same thing we're saying about getting pressure on Palmer and not allowing their speedy WRs time to get open?

I'm sure they hear that every week from opposing fans, but they've still only lost twice.

Stopping Cam and bracketing Olsen really is the best way to beat the Panthers, but just because that's true doesn't mean teams can easily do it, and even if they can, we can still beat teams in other ways.

Just like if we pressure Palmer and limit the time for their WRs to get open doesn't guarantee we'll beat them this weekend, but it's still the best way to attack them.

Of course, it's all about execution. There is a cadence though and learning people tendencies and trying to take away their strengths.

What we've learned about cam is that he can get it done without Olsen though. He can make plays with his feet, buy time for recievers. Cardinals blitz the most in the league, they will double Olsen, Peterson will be on ginn,  funchess and philly are going to have to make 1 on 1 plays. That poster didn't even mention funchess. There maybe some defensive breakdowns by the cardinals, it happens to every team, cam will have to execute and take advantage when that happens. 

Rush attack will be crucial. Move the chains, set up play action.

Archived