• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On to the Arizona Cardinals... Looks like Fozzy may be back

Jeremy Igo

Not sure I'll have time today or this week to do much of a game preview / stats & analysis thread.  So let me just post anything interesting I find here.  Here are two tidbits:

1) Pass rush will be key (DUH...!) but this is encouraging.

Arizona's OL allowed more total pressures (15) in the divisional round than New England, Carolina, and Denver combined (12)

2) Interesting article at Washington post.  There's some DVOA stats which you can feel free to ignore, but there is some other good stuff...:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2016/01/18/cardinals-may-be-only-team-that-can-stop-cam-newton-and-the-panthers/

Given our recent struggles late in the season in getting our defense off the field, these stats about AZ are a bit worrying:

Offensively, Arizona should keep the Panthers’ hands full.

The Cardinals score the second-most points per drive (2.37) and went three-and-out on 14.9 percent of their drives, a league low. The Panthers, meanwhile, only forced a three-and-out on a drive 21.1 percent of the time, 22nd out of 32 teams. Overall, the Cardinals led the league in net yards per pass (7.8).

2 hours ago, cardinal_Ven said:

Thanks man. yeah Fitzgerald need a ring before he retires. I think he has 2-3 years left for his chance. and this is a hella good year for that chance. we just have to go up against. the panthers one of the best teams ive ever seen.

My Dad tried raising me to hate the Cards, but it did no good. I respect you guys alot. Classy fanbase. Classy team. Y'all are like us in that you've endured alot of pain. I want the Panthers to win, but if we dont, I'll be cheering for y'all to beat whoever you face in the Super Bowl. May the best team win!

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Anyone but the Pats.... 

Yeah we're not losing but if we do I hope the Broncos win it with limp armed Peyton and then you'll hear all the Pats fans "oh Brady's so much better Peyton was carried by his defense." Hint hint moron, Brady won 3 Super Bowls because of his defense. I'd be cool with the Cards too. Arians is the fuging man and Larry definitely deserves a ring in his career. Too bad it won't come for him this year though since we're stomping them.

Looking for Fozzy to score another playoff TD against AZ.  Here's are 2 pix from last year. (Apologies that when I saved the pix, I didn't note the source.  I think these are either from the Observer or Panthers.com .... I could be wrong.)

Fozzy4.jpeg.1ef1a0606f0fecb6f8ad7388a73c

569e6685dadf2_Fozzy2(AZPlayoffTD).jpg.cd

I like the Pats. People's hatred for success is mind boggling. To validate our 2013 season, we had to beat the 49er's and Patriot's and we did both. To validate this season (if we get past the Cardinals), I would prefer to play the Pats. 

One, because that's the match-up I have wanted all year long because I want to see Belichecks gameplan for our offense, and the second reason is because John Kasey's kick was a fluke. It's time to correct it. 

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I like the Pats. People's hatred for success is mind boggling. To validate our 2013 season, we had to beat the 49er's and Patriot's and we did both. To validate this season (if we get past the Cardinals), I would prefer to play the Pats. 

One, because that's the match-up I have wanted all year long because I want to see Belichecks gameplan for our offense, and the second reason is because John Kasey's kick was a fluke. It's time to correct it. 

gtfo

It's not their success at all... it's their asshole arrogant attitudes.

Tom Brady may be the greatest QB of all time.  I fuging hate that guy, he's the biggest douche ever.

1 minute ago, Darth Biscuit said:

gtfo

It's not their success at all... it's their asshole arrogant attitudes.

Tom Brady may be the greatest QB of all time.  I fuging hate that guy, he's the biggest douche ever.

Mostly agree. I hate them for beating us in 2003 first and foremost. After that it's the cheating. It's definitely not their success. I respect the hell out of their constant winning...but some of it is now questionable. And TB is a douche but just not the biggest one in the NFL. I'm looking at you Russell. Who's douche is that?

Just now, Moorgan said:

Mostly agree. I hate them for beating us in 2003 first and foremost. After that it's the cheating. It's definitely not their success. I respect the hell out of their constant winning...but some of it is now questionable. And TB is a douche but just not the biggest one in the NFL. I'm looking at you Russell. Who's douche is that?

RW is douchie in a smarmy pretty boy next door way, but he's not on Brady's level imo. I don't even hate them for beating us in '03 that much... that was a great game and had Kasay not kicked the ball oob who knows...  it's the cheating and the general attitude of Pats fans in general and the fact that Bellichick sold his soul to Satan... all of it combined...

1 minute ago, Darth Biscuit said:

RW is douchie in a smarmy pretty boy next door way, but he's not on Brady's level imo. I don't even hate them for beating us in '03 that much... that was a great game and had Kasay not kicked the ball oob who knows...  it's the cheating and the general attitude of Pats fans in general and the fact that Bellichick sold his soul to Satan... all of it combined...

Totally agree about the fans but I wasn't including fans in my level of hate for them. But if you do...they are definitely Darth Vader and the Empire.

47 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

goes all the way to the top, too.  Kraft as a grade A douchnozzel.  Can't stand that organization.

Archived