• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this the best Charlotte can do?

Jeremy Igo

Count on the Redskins trying to keep NASCAR relevant....

... and a bar in Charlotte that charges a cover and has bull-riding and bathroom attendants? WTF is that? Sounds to me like a major identity crisis and they have no idea what the right direction for the place should be. 

Never been there and will never go now that most of you have described it so well... 

I will say this as an out-of-town fan who has to fight to watch the Panthers games in local establishments here in Atlanta*.

If it's a neutral bar that plays all the game? I'm okay with that. You get what you get. (Taco Mac here in town has some contractual obligation to feature the Falcons, due to their sponsorship at the stadium - can't argue with that philosophically -- but they do show All The Games on whatever TV you ask them to put 'em on.  Then they give all guests free wings whenever the Falcons win, no matter who you're cheering for.  Turned out to be a pretty inexpensive promotion for them as the season went on...)

If it's a bar that proclaims it to be "home of the XXX" team, like how TJ's is pretty much All Packers, All The Time?  At least you know going in what you're going to deal with.

But a bar that says their "home of the XXX" on one day, and "home of the YYY" on another?  That's just plain dumb.

(*not talking about the Home of the @Atlanta Riot - they do it right)

Archived