• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this the best Charlotte can do?

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Dan Hart said:

Hi guys, first-time poster here.

I agree that a local bar consistently pitching itself as the place for road fans to go is pretty disloyal to the team.

That said, Ian was my best mate for 20 years and passed away very suddenly over the Christmas period, so I sincerely hope the money raised DOES go to charity.

Is that him in the picture? I'm sorry for your loss

3 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

If I win the lottery tonight...things are gonna change in Charlotte. I've never been there but I wouldn't mind buying it and changing it. And doing many other things in Charlotte.

But out WR, and put in a new bar. Name would be: Whiskey River Used To Be Here But It Was Ran By Shitty People So Come Check Us Out

12 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

If I win the lottery tonight...things are gonna change in Charlotte. I've never been there but I wouldn't mind buying it and changing it. And doing many other things in Charlotte.

The Panthers are worth 1.5 billion and Jerry owns 52% of the team.  If I win, I'm buying his share.  

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

I'm boycotting that place and I wish everyone else would.   The Redskins thing earlier was the last straw but I know they've had tons of Cowboys rallies and whatnot.   Forget that place and forget Dale Jr.  

WR just plain sucks....so I would never visit there anyway.

And.....I hate Jr.  So, I am all good with your suggestion.  Count me in.

Whiskey River is awful. I went in their for dinner one night when I was in Charlotte and we were seated and literally waited for 25 minutes and nobody came to take our order or even bring us water.(after the Panthers game when it was 90 degrees and we were dying).

Then on top of it, some dbag with a microphone was trying to get the place all hype for no fuggin reason.

So we left and went to some other place. Fug em

You want to make a change? Stop going. Urge your friends to stop going and then make it known by EVERYONE that there are establishments in this city (especially Uptown) that are doing this. Not giving these companies your business isn't enough. You have to let them know you're not and why and then urge others to join the cause. We can do this. We should do this. This is OUR city. I get they do this in every big city, but you know what...we're not every other city. This city is small enough that we can affect change. Let's do it.

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd bet cash that Jr has no idea they're even gonna be there. As has been mentioned, he doesn't handle the day-to-day operations of that place

But continue the blind BS hatred, please

3 page thread full of all sorts of responses... and only 2 measly comments have even mentioned Dale Jr, and even then barely mentioned.  The second comment of which the poster isn't even "hating" Dale because of this... he made it pretty clear he didn't like Dale - period, before this even happened whether it has anything to do with Dale or not.

Archived