• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who to keep?

#1 Panthers Fan

I think we need Gross more than Peppers because of how important the running game is. Rushing attack outweighs the pass rush in my opinion.

yes but we're also a team predicated on playing tough defense and applying pressure, which w/o Pep we would get absolutely none of. for sure CJ and Brayton have played well but i think only as a result of the attention that is given Pep. where would we be if CJ was on one side and Brayton on the other?

besides, in the TB game, where did all our rushing yards come? up the middle and to the right behind Otah. we got virtually zilch in comparison running to Gross' side of the field.

just my .02

pull a jared allen if possible with gross. i see 1 freak de in ths draft, but his play hasnt lived up to his abilities. johnson at 6'7" 250-260 is a feak athlete. peppers produced in college, moreso than johnson who also has 2 DTs that are pretty good. he has more help than pep and hasnt jumped out game after game or play after play, yes at times you get the omg moment as expected, but he is usually unseen.

at LT, well gross minus the false starts has been good over there with wharton at LG. wharton needs to stay LG, damn good LG. if he saw tagged and traded ala allen, we might find a starting LT in the 1st. its another great OL class.

While keeping them both is the best situation, placing the tag on either for a tag and trade could be just as benefitual in the long run. And believe it or not, the Panthers would probably get more out of Gross than they would Peppers this offseason. While the draft may have a lot of blue chip OTs, we all know the draft can be a crap shot. Most teams would prefer to get a proven Pro-Bowl LT and since Gross is the only starting OT in FA, he will demand a high trade value.

I still want the Panthers to sign both but if they have to tag and trade either of them I think the compensation, allbeit draft picks, could be just as good.

Archived