• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp.....

Jeremy Igo

In all fairness I hope he goes to a team who lets him have a season to see if he still has some mojo . His first season seem to demonstrate lot of potential anyway.

Man will only be 26 years old by the start of the next season. And there's plenty of teams starving for a good QB most of which are having some coaching overhauls too. Some potential teams:

- Cowboys : Probably not super ideal for him as he would continue to ride the bench with Romo returning. But if (more like when) Romo gets injured again he'll be starting for Cowboy team who are drafting high enough to take Laquon Treadwell and still have Dez Bryant, Beasly, and Jason Witten.

- Rams: Very good promising young running back with Todd Gurley and could be poised to move to LA

- Browns : No way they keep Manziel and they have been starved for even a decent QB for a long time.

- 49ers: IF they part ways with Kap then they'd want a good QB. I know the team is still looking for a coach but I'm not too familiar with the overall status of the team since they started crashing and burning after Harbaugh left them.

Well anyway it will be a pretty hot off season topic where he will land that's for sure.

Just gonna say nobody mentioned kap in San Fran he is another QB that was so much better than cam. Wonder if he is gonna find some where to go. I think he had friendly deal so if they wanted to keep him on the bench they could idk. It's just so gratifying hearing good things about our cam instead of the media picking at all the negatives.

2 hours ago, Panfan35 said:

Just gonna say nobody mentioned kap in San Fran he is another QB that was so much better than cam. Wonder if he is gonna find some where to go. I think he had friendly deal so if they wanted to keep him on the bench they could idk. It's just so gratifying hearing good things about our cam instead of the media picking at all the negatives.

Winning 15 games in a season will do that haha. God I remember how many close games we lost especially the first year. Even though record wasn't pretty my god was that a season to inspire some hope in this fanbase. Cam's gotten enough experience with those kinds of games he learned how to win them more often than not.

5 hours ago, Panfan35 said:

Yeah Kaep will find somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the Rams' starting QB next season. Fisher doesn't have the time now to develop a QB. Fisher seems to do well with athletic QBs. 

11 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Some are built for the NFL, some are not.  Nothing personal, but he can't do what Cam does because size.

Good luck Bob, with the position change I mean.

It's about a lot more than size.  The ego that the media always claimed that Cam had actually belonged to RG3.....and then there's the fact that Cam has more talent and is a better QB. It's about a lot more than size/durability.

10 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Very well could be true, he never earned his place.  Never had to struggle it was all laid out for him because Cam took the heat first.  Cam paved the way.

all the dual threat guys before Cam were treated as gimmicks until Vick, then the league got burned and they turned on the running QB.

Vince goin crazy, Jamarcus eating everything, Cam stealing everything then comes golden Bob.

Randall Cunningham and Steve Young were never treated as gimmicks. Jemarcus Russell was anything but a dual-threat QB.

10 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

You're right on all counts.

but let's be real, the faults of them all, regardless of when where or how, all were projected on to Cam like a sacrificial lamb.  Once they had a whipping boy, they could praise the others like Bob.

i know you remember the Cam narrative(s).

The Cam stuff from the media(or from ESPN, at least) had more to do with Cam's 2010 season at Auburn than it had to do with him being a dual-threat QB. ESPN started the whole "Auburn paid Cam" BS and claimed that it was only a matter of time until the NCAA  suspended Cam and slammed Auburn. It never happened and Cam repeatedly made "reporters" like Joe Schad look like the idiots that they are.

That's where most of the hate comes from,imo.

13 hours ago, whatever said:

It's about a lot more than size.  The ego that the media always claimed that Cam had actually belonged to RG3.....and then there's the fact that Cam has more talent and is a better QB. It's about a lot more than size/durability.

There are more reasons than size, you are absolutely correct.

my point is that you can stop at that one thing without further reasoning.

On 1/11/2016 at 0:22 PM, Ivan The Awesome said:

Makes me wonder how some of these guys have jobs themselves. NFL players are held accountable for their performances. Pundits aren't. If they were, man there would be a huge influx yearly on pundits. 

The purpose of the pundit, much like the Vegas line, is to generate interest amongst people who are not likely to watch the games so as to get them to watch in order to boost ratings.  That's why you always have one or two of these assholes who tout the possibility of the underdog's greatness.

They're shills.

Archived