• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp.....

Jeremy Igo

Jermey has been getting a lot of run on TV. They keep showing that OIsen TD when they talk Panthers/Seahawks.

RG3 had the injury. But his career floundered due to attitude. There were stories coming out he was upset by the Kirk Cousins pick as a rookie and never felt secure with Kirk on the roster. That's mental weakness. He ran his mouth in press conferences and didn't act like a leader. He didn't hone his craft and prepare the way he should have. RG3 did not fail because of his knee. He failed because of his attitude. 

8 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Are you kidding me???? RG3 did it to himself. Shanahan made him look like a stud. You can't blame the coach for the team physician saying he was good to go. Shanahan was damned whatever he chose to do. It didn't help that RG3 alienated the locker room with his attitude too.

Granted my memory is a little fuzzy, and yes, he was cleared to play, but iirc didn't he get hurt and then they put him back in and he tore it?  RGIII was reckless, even after that injury the next year, but as a coach, I don't think you put your star franchise QB in that situation.  Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Very well could be true, he never earned his place.  Never had to struggle it was all laid out for him because Cam took the heat first.  Cam paved the way.

all the dual threat guys before Cam were treated as gimmicks until Vick, then the league got burned and they turned on the running QB.

Vince goin crazy, Jamarcus eating everything, Cam stealing everything then comes golden Bob.

Are you talking about dual threat QBs or black QBs? I never thought of Jamarcus Russel as a threat to run. The league did get burned on Vick but the GMs/Coaches soured on the running QB based on performance, not his off field issues. Vick was a 100 million dollar QB that couldn't consistently run an offense. When they tried the option in Atlanta it failed miserably. The read element was a necessary wrinkle at the NFL level. 

Vince Young did have some bizarre mental health issues but again the league soured on him because he couldn't throw the football. 

I don't think I'm disagreeing with you. I just feel like it needs to be said, performance trumps all in the NFL. If Robert Griffin was running a productive offense nobody would have a problem with his attitude or image. If Jamarcus Russel was playing like Brett Favre he could have gotten help for his purple drank addiction and everyone would praise him for having the courage to ask for help. Even Mike Vick recovered from his dog fighting charges by playing well for the Eagles. In the NFL, the narrative on your personal life is shaped by the performance in your professional life. Unless you are The Golden Calf of Bristol...

Just now, KendrickPanther said:

Are you talking about dual threat QBs or black QBs? I never thought of Jamarcus Russel as a threat to run. The league did get burned on Vick but the GMs/Coaches soured on the running QB based on performance, not his off field issues. Vick was a 100 million dollar QB that couldn't consistently run an offense. When they tried the option in Atlanta it failed miserably. The read element was a necessary wrinkle at the NFL level. 

Vince Young did have some bizarre mental health issues but again the league soured on him because he couldn't throw the football. 

I don't think I'm disagreeing with you. I just feel like it needs to be said, performance trumps all in the NFL. If Robert Griffin was running a productive offense nobody would have a problem with his attitude or image. If Jamarcus Russel was playing like Brett Favre he could have gotten help for his purple drank addiction and everyone would praise him for having the courage to ask for help. Even Mike Vick recovered from his dog fighting charges by playing well for the Eagles. In the NFL, the narrative on your personal life is shaped by the performance in your professional life. Unless you are The Golden Calf of Bristol...

You're right on all counts.

but let's be real, the faults of them all, regardless of when where or how, all were projected on to Cam like a sacrificial lamb.  Once they had a whipping boy, they could praise the others like Bob.

i know you remember the Cam narrative(s).

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

I remember reading somewhere that everybody on staff along with Dan Snyder knew that RG3 had a partially torn ACL. Supposedly, Shanahan was ready to bench him for Cousins (thinking of the future) for the remainder of the season but RG3 went to Dan and demanded that he play.

In my opinion, everybody was equally guilty. RG3 for being an arrogant spoiled brat, Shanahan for appeasing to the fans and ownership, Snyder for being too hands on, and the medical staff for staying quiet.

I can buy that.  RGIII played with far too much abandon, so certainly he brought it on himself partially.  However the coach is ultimately who decides who plays and who doesn't...

Archived