• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle winning is a blessing for the Panthers

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, seahawks12thman said:

After a while I start to wonder if people are even literate on this board. With regards to Cam, he is a running back (and a physical one in that). His body takes quite a beating and his durability will suffer getting hit by 300 lb lineman. He will last longer than Colin only because he is bigger but the fact they use him as a feature back is astonishing and if I were a Panther fan, would have me worried. I never said he only wins with his legs so who is moronic?

C'mon man. LOL. Your grasping at straws so hard it has to hurt. I mean really? You are just making yourself look more and more foolish. But by all mean. Carry on. You obviously have a grasp of football on a par with the wife. If you can think it, it must be true.

If Cam is a Feature Back. What is Russell? The scatback? Kids, you gotta love em'.

8 minutes ago, seahawks12thman said:

What is incorrect? It is a prediction based on his punishment he takes in every game. He is very athletic and accurate but is at his worst when he is under pressure. It is easy for him when he has a nice open pocket to throw but put under pressure, he performs at a much lower rate than his peers. FACT!!!

I'm bored so I will indulge you. Go ahead and blitz Cam. I double dog dare you. Using the word Fact, does not make your erroneous statement true.

23 minutes ago, seahawks12thman said:

How many QB's have designed veer option runs off tackle, guard and sneek it in normal down and distance?? Russell Wilson does misdirection (read option) to fool the defense and slides to avoid contact if possible. Cam runs right at you... Your last game he had a 1/5th of your rushes. 

Do we have to go to personal attacks? 

1/5 of our rushes. Wow. I hope all those Feature Backs out there don't see that. They may think they can get Feature Back money on 7-8 carries a game.

Cam was near the top of the league in killing Blitzes. So please, blitz away.

Personal attacks? I give up. If you can't take what little I am giving you?

Thanks for your Service to our great Country. But, I am done.

2 hours ago, seahawks12thman said:

After a while I start to wonder if people are even literate on this board. With regards to Cam, he is a running back (and a physical one in that). His body takes quite a beating and his durability will suffer getting hit by 300 lb lineman. He will last longer than Colin only because he is bigger but the fact they use him as a feature back is astonishing and if I were a Panther fan, would have me worried. I never said he only wins with his legs so who is moronic?

Except.... they don't. At all. Just more bandwagon nonsense from the Seahawks "fanbase." Please don't talk about our team if you won't even take the time to research some stats.

You act like 300 lb linemen are the ones hitting Cam when he scrambles, which is funny. 300 lb linemen are back at or near the line of scrimmage watching Cam's back as he runs downfield. Its the linebackers that hit him, and they are smaller than he is. 300 linemen hit him when he stays in the pocket, like all QBs.

Saying Cam is a running back is simply ignorant. Congrats on proving the stereotype of Seahawks fans right. Again.

1 hour ago, seahawks12thman said:

How many QB's have designed veer option runs off tackle, guard and sneek it in normal down and distance?? Russell Wilson does misdirection (read option) to fool the defense and slides to avoid contact if possible. Cam runs right at you... Your last game he had a 1/5th of your rushes. 

Do we have to go to personal attacks? 

Our last game we were missing Jonathan Stewart and Fozzy got hurt with an injury. Good try, though.

1 hour ago, seahawks12thman said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/27/car-atl-grades-cam-newton-struggles-under-pressure/

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/51783/too-much-pressue-for-cam-newton

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/print?id=16663

In fact he is the 26th rated QB when he is under pressure so I guess the Hawks will take the dare being that they provide more OB pressure than any other team in the NFL. That is why Hawk fans are really confident Sunday..

You're seriously posting articles from the GIANTS GAME IN 2012. Lmao.

Your own damn article contradicts you:  Newton has a Total Quarterback Rating of 88.1 when under pressure since the start of the 2013 season.

First off, dumb article, since this is the 2015 season, so that was two years ago. Second off, even if we're going to use ESPN's terrible awful QBR system, that rating is out of 100. 88/100 is pretty damn good, lol. Thirdly, we were talking about blitzing Cam, not when Cam is actually under pressure. Two different scenarios. Just because you blitz him, doesn't mean you actually get through to him.

Oh look, here's a PFF article from after the 2014 season. (Since you're using 2 and 3 year old articles, I thought I would be allowed to use a 1 year old article).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/21/qbs-in-focus-against-the-blitz/

Wilson was blitzed 37.3% of the time, Newton, 36.9% of the time, (last year). So the same, basically.

Their rating against the blitz? Newton is +7.3. Wilson? -0.7.

Get off these boards and go home before you embarrass yourself further.

On 1/10/2016 at 6:38 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

I was a little concerned that after the bye week the Panthers would be playing someone like the Redskins. Doesn't really provide any extra incentive or motivation. Boring team that really doesn't belong in the playoffs. 

But Seattle..... Seattle will get this team more hyped up than any other team could possibly do. Beating the two time NFC champions in front of your own fans to lay claim as the new owners of the NFC. I cannot think of anything better... and guess what... neither can the players. I guarantee it. 

This is the big leagues, Panthers fans. If you don't like playing the best teams in the NFL on the way to the Superbowl.... go cheer for Jacksonville. 

We don't get knocked out of the playoffs... 

panthers-knock.thumb.jpg.079d7497dfd9f57

Greg-Olsen-Seahawks-5.thumb.jpg.ee0f4dcd

The title of this post, pinned at the top of our board is starting to give me the heebie jeebies.  Could you change it to "Seattle beating Minnesota was a blessing for the Panthers"?

It just doesn't look right anymore.

Archived