• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle winning is a blessing for the Panthers

Jeremy Igo

Per usual, Lord Commander Igo has made an excellent and logical point.  

Let's think about the Panthers as players.  They are all men, cut from the same cloth as any other football player.  Right now, they are very hungry.  They want to be the champs.  They want to beat the best.  They got everyone's best shot during the season, and they will get it next weekend as well.  These guys know Seattle is the major obstacle.  If we beat them, it with not only be very symbolic, but it will also show them they are ready to win the Super Bowl.

Bring in Green Bay, a team that we could beat again, and we wouldn't be as amped up for that contest.  You know everyone is going to be totally geeked up this game.  It's going to be a great one!  Our players are going to want to show the world that 15-1 was real, not a product of an easy schedule.

This game is our fork in the road for this franchise. Are we going to take the road to the left where we are always disrespected or the road to the right where people will begin to fear us. We need this game wayyyyyyy more than Seattle. I'm so pumped and I know the panthers are to! 

Don't care who we play and our team shouldn't either, one game at a time mentality 

Cam is playing much better then our first match-up, A healthy Stewart returning, Funchess emerging as another weapon 

They don't have graham who was a huge part of there offense that game, Rb carousel, Defense is good but may be the beneficiary of playing lowly qb's for majority of the remaining season(barring palmer)

Honestly, THIS particular Hawks team revolves around Russel Wilson, who could have been in the Mvp discussion barring the start of there season. You can try and fool yourselves into thinking Russel is overrated and blah blah blah but he is playing on a similar level to Cam, no run game and he is carrying the team. Our DC and Ron will have there work cut out for them along with our defense, neutralize Wilson and you give yourself a very high chance of winning.

We are the better team, we just have to go out there and prove it simple as that.

I don't know if I'd call it a blessing.  They are still a very tough team.  Don't be a prisoner of the moment and believe for one second that they'll play as poorly as they did in freezing weather.  They always bring it to the Panthers.  I want a blowout but I fully expect a war.

The blessing is that we have homefield advantage and will have to destroy whoever steps foot in our house.

The Seahawks are slanting Sunday's game this way:  We were playing in extreme cold and did not execute well, but we still won.  (inference:  Because we are a great team).

My slant to Seahawks:  You sucked, the Vikings gave you the win with a bow on it.  You will not be getting gifts in Charlotte, but you will need your health insurance information.  We are going to give you the beatdown of your pathetic lives.  Wilson?  You are a rag-armed punk who thinks he can dink and dunk his way to statistical greatness.  Your tremendous ego is based not on your ability to carry a team to greatness, but your ability to manage a team with a great defense until the light shines on you.

@Jeremy Igo i get the impression that Panthers fans, and the team itself, are going stupid for this matchup. We all can't wait to knock off the best team in the NFC from the past few years, in the playoffs no less. And let's all remind ourselves that we've never won against Seattle in the playoffs. The ghosts of '05 and '14 beckon to us for redemption and the settling of scores. The impression that I get from Seahawk players and fans is that we are just another team. They arent psyched for this matchup. They aren't scared, but it seems "meh" to them. Teams like that tend to get punched in the mouth. It's not just playoff football for us. This is our arch nemesis from our own conference. They are the Patriots of the NFC to both our players and our fans. I love how everyone, myself included, is going full retard over this matchup. I wish I could be at BoA this sunday. It may be as crazy as the Patriot MNF game from '13. Sure is feeling like it. The buzz is so thick around this game. 

I'll always respect the next opponent, especially after the loss in Atlanta this season. But I'm confident that Seattle has no idea what they've stumbled into. All you lucky f*ckers that get to attend this game better not have voices by the end of the game, and your arms better be worn out from beating on your chairs!

14 hours ago, Kuechly59 said:

Hmmm we followed up beating the Seahawks with 12 more wins, 11 of them consecutive. 

FIFY bruh ;)

I have a bit different view than most.  I understand fandom, been watching football since 1969.  Most here act like they are lacing up the cleats themselves, haha

At this point, any of the 4 teams left in the NFC could go to the Super Bowl, and it all comes down to game plan, execution and turnovers.

There should not be any motivational speeches needed from our coaching staff, if so, then we are screwed to start with.

If the Panthers, who should be extremely confident, come out and execute, then we should be good to go.  Seattle might have their confidence shaken a bit by the Rams and Viking performances.  Even though they will act all "swaggerish", they have to know that they have issues.

Play action will be very important for us on Sunday, as will Olsen, Ginn and Cotchery.  Seattle will not be able to crowd the box like they did in Minny due to Ginn (that's if the refs don't let him get manhandled by Sherman).  I actually feel like CAP could be a better option than Stewart, so I hope he gets a shot or two.  Holes close quickly and need to be hit wide open by our RB's.

Hope I don't break anything here in my man cave nor have a reason to.  Go Panthers.

Carolina vs. Seattle is a rivalry at this point, right? We've been facing them for a couple years, and now a playoff rematch. Cam and Russ are two of the best QBs in the league. It's pretty cool. Beating them feels better than beating most other teams.

I agree with this post wholeheartedly. I think that if we can beat Seattle it gives us a major boost if confidence heading on to the 2 most important games of the season. I'm a huge believer on the "easy way is the better way" type of thinking in every day life, but this is different. American Football and all sport is about mentality just as much as skill, beating Seattle would give the players a mentality that they can win it all. And yes, they probably have that already, but beating the reigning 2 time NFC Champs can only bolster that.

But that's not the only thing that makes me think this is a blessing in disguise. Anyone else notice how good that Packers offense looked? My oh my, it look like they have that early season form back. I can honestly see them beating the Cardinals and there be a rematch of the 97' NFC Championship game. If we were to run in to them this Sunday I'd be extremely less confident, I'd still think we'd win, but not very confident whatsoever. As for the Seahawks, they barely scraped by a young inexperienced Vikings outfit. If they can barely get past the Vikings it spells terror for them coming to the BOA and clashing with the best team in the league.

My final point on this topic is, we have the mental advantage over them now. Yes, this may sound ridiculous after we've only beat them once in the past few years, but we've beaten them. And not only beaten them, but beaten them in that damn stadium with a structure that purposely causes ridiculous amounts of noise. They're coming to our house now. Our house, being the BOA, is a place that the Carolina Panthers haven't lost at since November 2014. Seattle have beat us twice in the playoffs in our small but rich history, how many times at the BOA? None. How many times with a healthy Cam, Star Loutelei, and the best Panthers squad ever? None.

I predict a 10 point Carolina win with the score being, 31-21.

Archived