• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clowney

ctrcat

I've never been a huge fan, but after he stormed off today and having been such a disappointment so far, what would you be willing to give up in a trade to bring him home with 2 years plus the option left on his rookie deal?  What would the Texans be willing to accept?

8 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

I've never been a huge fan, but after he stormed off today and having been such a disappointment so far, what would you be willing to give up in a trade to bring him home with 2 years plus the option left on his rookie deal?  What would the Texans be willing to accept?

John McClain ✔ @McClain_on_NFL Clowney has known since after practice Wednesday he wasn't playing. Left stadium to take tickets to family. 3:04 PM - 9 Jan 2016

EDIT: Do not believe everything ESPN tells you...

1 minute ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Pretty much. Short of him being flat out released the only thing they would take a look at is Anderson and picks. 

Their board doesn't bat an eye when the possibility of shipping him for a 3rd comes up.  For the last pick in the 3rd round?  Risky?  Sure.  But holy crap you can't say it's not intriguing if being home really is where he belongs and can thrive.

Just now, ctrcat said:

Their board doesn't bat an eye when the possibility of shipping him for a 3rd comes up.  For the last pick in the 3rd round?  Risky?  Sure.  But holy crap you can't say it's not intriguing if being home really is where he belongs and can thrive.

Oh absolutely. If Gettleman has picked 2 BPAs and neither of them have been defensive end you absolutely make the phone call to Houston and check their price. Hell any team with a need at DE that feels the value is there would be dumb not to call after the 2nd round. 

I was a huge fan of him when he was playing for the Gamecocks but I just thought he doesn't have a big heart to play in the NFL. He took plays off often. I dreamed of seeing him suited up that #90 Panthers jersey but not now.

Considering his injury history too, no thanks.

Archived