• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawk fans respond to Cam getting All Pro

CelibatePimp

1 minute ago, FootballMaestro said:

And they lost Marshawn Lynch Friday Night for their Icebowl game Sun. 

Let Them Weep Some More!!

The irony of their bitterness towards Cam:

Newton was taught the right way from the start to work from the pocket. No quick throw, west coast, three card monty fakes nonsense for him.

Meanwhile Wilson was spoon fed his offense, and was able to rely on his run game and defense (remember, during Cam's first 1.5 years, the defense sucked, and continued to blow games till 1st Qtr of his 3rd year). And they schemed well for him with the quick throw offense, while Wilson ran scramble drill (instead of sitting in the pocket), when his receivers were covered.

Even now, during Wilson's great streak. It started with the quick throw offense. Beause they couldn't trust Wilson to read defenses beyond a certain point, and he ended up holding on to the ball too long.

And what are they really jealous of/for? Just look at Newton's Resume.

Juco National Championship

#1 Juco or High School Prospect In Nation (following Newton's tenure at Blinn College)

BCS National Champion

Heisman Trophy Winner

#1 Overall Pick In The 2011 NFL Draft

2011 Rookie Of The Year

2015 NFL All Pro

2015 NFL MVP??

?

?

Get my drift?

I know you guys adore Cam and justifiably so, he's an elite talent.. but come on lol.  This post is extremely over the top.  No Seahawk fan dislikes Cam because he was the "#1 JUCO Prospect" ..  Wilson has won everywhere he's been too, only reason he was even available in the 3rd round is because he's short.   You know it and I know it. 

Both players are VERY good at what they do.  I completely agree that the Cam hate is stupid, but that's football fans in general.

3 minutes ago, Beast Mode said:

I know you guys adore Cam and justifiably so, he's an elite talent.. but come on lol.  This post is extremely over the top.  No Seahawk fan dislikes Cam because he was the "#1 JUCO Prospect" ..  Wilson has won everywhere he's been too, only reason he was even available in the 3rd round is because he's short.   You know it and I know it. 

Both players are VERY good at what they do.  I completely agree that the Cam hate is stupid, but that's football fans in general.

Hey

I wasn't saying they were jealous of him being the #1 Juco or high school prospect (following his stay at Blinn Jr. College) in particular,  perse

It was more so to demonstrate (or remind) folks of this guys resume, when some of them act all butt hurt about his awards or designations.

In other words, the guys not chopped liver, or it's a new thing for him.

Nonetheless, thank you for your post. I haven't been on since the morning. And I didn't know I'd get an immediate response from a Seahawk fan when I did this.

Wow!

8 hours ago, bleys said:

Ask them how Cam's 1 yard TD runs ended up at the 1 yard line in the 1st place... 

Olsen, Brown, or another receiver gets tackled (or falls down) at the 1 yard line.

So essentially, Newton would deserve to run in that TD, since the receiver got caught.

This happened about 3-5 this season.

8 hours ago, UKPanther94 said:

Yeah they're right, I mean, arent 1 yard TDs meaningless? It's not like theyre any use, Seattle clearly have no need for such things because when the games on the line on the goalline they're the best team at converting! Oh hang on

Yeah. I guess those 1 yarders (said in David Gettleman New England voice)has special meaning/ hit Seattle fans right in the gut, huh?

6 hours ago, Major wRecktum said:

Seahawks fans conveniently forget that in that superb owl win, Russell Wilson could have sat on the bench the whole game and the outcome would still have been a victory.

Yup

Hawk defense scored 20+ points before the offense scored any. And the defense ended up scoring more points than the Bronco's team in their Superbowl win.

On 1/9/2016 at 0:55 AM, Beast Mode said:

Point is: Wilson hasn't achieved any of things I mentioned (Yes, we know he won a superbowl game, where Seattle's defense scored more points than the Bronco's, and all before the Seattle offense scored a point themselves). So I/we give him that.  Congrats!

However, I'm speaking about this/below:

Juco National Championship

#1 Prospect in Nation (High School or JUCO) following Newton's tenure at Blinn College

BCS National Champion

Heisman Trophy Winner

#1 Overall Pick In The 2011 NFL Draft

2011 Rookie Of The Year

2015 NFL All Pro

2015 NFL MVP??

?

?

So what are Seattle fans really jealous of?

It's not so much to down Wilson. But some of those fans need to recognize.

I don't think Wilson's achieved any of these things?

As Frank Schwab alluded to: Folks are going to look at Newton's Career Resume/CV one day, and go 'WTF!?'

Nonetheless, good luck in your game today!

If we want to get down and cut through the Seahawks fans bullshit:

Cam has had different WRs almost every year to build a relationship unlike RW.

Cam's WR talent level has been relatively low compared to RW:

Past prime Smitty, Donald Lafail, Legtron, Undrafted Corey Brown, KB (1season, IR), Funchess (rookie), Old man Cotchery, 1st rd bust traveler Ginn

To

Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Percy Harvin, Tyler Lockette (Rookie), Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette (last two WR continuity reference), Paul Richardson (IR)

RW WRs that he has had to work with were just better in quality, no matter  where they were drafted.

Both QBs had to deal with patchwork Olines for the longest time and multiple line up changes so it's a wash.

RW has had a better RBBC than Cam no matter how you cut it.

Also Cam unlike RW had to go through his rookie season without TC his rookie year. RW had one more year in college than Cam to develop further. Cam went through multiple colleges after his fugging mistake and made those colleges champions.  Cam has a Midas touch while RW has HOLY water dripping from his body, big whoop. 

Further more, RW in four years only one OC.  Cam in five years, two OC so how about you Seahawk fans get your damn blinders off and recognize the Great One.

41 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

If we want to get down and cut through the Seahawks fans bullshit:

Cam has had different WRs almost every year to build a relationship unlike RW.

Cam's WR talent level has been relatively low compared to RW:

Past prime Smitty, Donald Lafail, Legtron, Undrafted Corey Brown, KB (1season, IR), Funchess (rookie), Old man Cotchery, 1st rd bust traveler Ginn

To

Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Percy Harvin, Tyler Lockette (Rookie), Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette (last two WR continuity reference), Paul Richardson (IR)

RW WRs that he has had to work with were just better in quality, no matter  where they were drafted.

Both QBs had to deal with patchwork Olines for the longest time and multiple line up changes so it's a wash.

RW has had a better RBBC than Cam no matter how you cut it.

Also Cam unlike RW had to go through his rookie season without TC his rookie year. RW had one more year in college than Cam to develop further. Cam went through multiple colleges after his fugging mistake and made those colleges champions.  Cam has a Midas touch while RW has HOLY water dripping from his body, big whoop. 

Further more, RW in four years only one OC.  Cam in five years, two OC so how about you Seahawk fans get your damn blinders off and recognize the Great One.

TC, and RBBC: I was like, "huh" for a second. LOL

Saying all that. Even with the great (though a depleted) Steve Smith. It's clear to see Seattle has had better Wide Receivers, just looking at that list.

And their drop rates half the rate of Carolina's this year. And they've always been able to create YAC (particularly Golden Tate), and fight for jump balls over Carolina's receivers.

Archived