• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short is Defensive Player of the Month - Lock this man in long term

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

That's what I was thinking, we have the 5th year option on Star since he was 1st round, but KK was 3rd round.

I mean you can make a case that KK is the best DT in the league... that's big money.

I think Zod is right in that we tag Norman... I think we sign KK and exercise year 5 on Star and cut CJ, esp if we draft a DE this year.

KK was second round but that doesnt change your points. Let's just hope this family thing is something all the players appreciate and makes them want to stay and not chase the money.

8 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I'm down. I just hope we can win the Superbowl this season in that case because we're gonna have retool the DL.

Edwards is gone.

Johnson is gone.

Allen is likely gone.

Alexander is gone.

Horton is one dimensional.

Addison, Delaire, Short, Star and Love is all we have left. 

Ealy?

Delaire isn't going to survive in my opinion but who knows...

17 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

That's what I was thinking, we have the 5th year option on Star since he was 1st round, but KK was 3rd round.

I mean you can make a case that KK is the best DT in the league... that's big money.

I think Zod is right in that we tag Norman... I think we sign KK and exercise year 5 on Star and cut CJ, esp if we draft a DE this year.

KK was a 2nd round pick....not 3rd round.

But, there is still no 5th year option on him.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Yeah I forgot to write down Ealy.

Well, considering that we have no depth anymore Delaire will likely survive.

I think they will find much better depth in the off season.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Yeah I forgot to write down Ealy.

Well, considering that we have no depth anymore Delaire will likely survive.

Delaire is and always was a long term project IMO. Same with Norwood. I see him sticking around for a few years on PS similar to Bersin or Lou Young.

Total contract amounts are misleading often.  You can make a contract any number you want but the guaranteed amount is what you look at. He will probably be looking at top DT money and honestly he is worth it.  Also keep in mind that with the cap going up, any money we pay him in year 4 or 5 of a new contract wont be as large a part of the cap as it is now.

Thing KK has to decide is if he's willing to gamble on his health and production for two more years. He's  only getting paid 1M next year. Then he could be tagged in 2017. That would get him about 16M(estimate). So completely healthy and productive, he gets 17M for the next 2 years. Now, if G-man offers him a 6/80 with 30M signing bonus, he pockets that 30 plus probably another 10-15M in base salary. That's 40M+ with a 30M check before you play another down. 

I know what my choice would be. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I don't see Gettleman paying top dollar to a CB that will be 28 next season. I think he franchises him and then part ways. 

This.  

I'd expect to see a CB taken fairly high in the draft.  The future is pairing Bene and draft pick together, for after/if Norman leaves. 

Archived